The Uber Black is classified as a high-end service by the company due to various factors such as quality of cars, luxury features, and above all exclusivity. Amongst all these factors, A superior screening process for selecting Uber Black Driver is the most significant one. Uber aspires to offer safer urban transportation through development of localized economies, and the driver is an integral component of this objective.
Uber is a taxi cab aggregator that follows an on-demand delivery process through the Uber App for mobile devices and Smartphones. The inaugural taxi-hail service had an App and premium black cars in a few metro cities.
This is the famous UberBLACK service which now includes black-on-black luxury sedans and SUVs. The company’s passionate staff are spread across the world, and they have successfully connected over a billion people.
Qualities of An Uber Black Driver
- Safety is paramount, and so the Uber Black Driver is always a professional driver with excellent training and previous experience in urban transportation.
- The luxury class service also includes higher level of hospitality, and the drivers have to be well behaved and courteous at all times.
- The black sedans and SUVs have black interiors and exteriors, and the driver is always a well-dressed chauffeur.
- The typical chauffeur’s uniform comprises of shined black socks and shoes, collared shirts, and black suit jackets, pants, and tie.
- The Uber Black Driver’s job is suitable for those who convey dignity, a sense of discipline, and self-respect during the working hours.
How to Become an Uber Black Driver?
Uber Black is an exclusive service, and the local information for the specific City, State, or Country is variably significant. First and foremost, you have to ensure that Uber Black or Uber SUV is available in the desired region or locality.
After that, you have to contact local Uber office and find out if they are accepting new Black drivers or not.
1. Minimum Requirements
Download the latest Uber App and sign up for an Uber driver account using the online mode. You can sign up either as a driver-owner or a driver under a partner, who owns the limo or SUV.
Commercial driving license with a badge is mandatory for anyone who aspires to become an Uber Black Driver.
Upload all the necessary documents such as driving license, registration details, airport and other permits, and insurance coverage.
The vehicle requirements are different in different regions, but the following are mandatory in many areas-
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicle Permit
- Vehicle Fitness Certificate
3. Driving for Black Car Owners
Those who want to become Uber Black drivers can also work for partners who have a Black account in their name. The driver typically has to bear the petrol expenses, while the partner provides the necessary insurance coverage.
The partner has to add your name in his or her drivers list and you can start driving on a weekly or daily basis. Driving for partners is risk free for the Uber Black driver, while the profits have to be shared between the two for ensuring success in a busy market.
4. Driver Screening
The drivers who register for an Uber Black Driver account are initially screened by the company, and the minimum eligibility requirements are verified.
The documents are essential for initial screening, while driver and vehicle are both inspected for account activation.
In some regions, the company has a preference for active drivers (UberX) with higher star ratings from the customers.
You can see here top Uber Black cars