Uber offers transparent and flexible taxi services for commuters in cities around the world. The technologically efficient Uber app provides a wide range of features to accommodate the interests of both riders and drivers.
The software services include Smartphone and website apps, online booking, scheduled Uber ride, dynamic pricing, and cancellations.
Since Uber services are characterized by speed and efficiency, the drivers who are near the pickup location are usually allotted.
If for any reason the commuter wants to cancel Uber ride, then he or she can do it through the cancellation procedure.
The following guidelines are a part of Uber’s official policy for ride cancellations-
- You may cancel Uber ride after the request has been accepted by a driver.
- Uber app may charge a cancellation fee from you since the driver is already en route to the pickup location.
- The cancellation fee may vary from one city to another.
- The fee is charged to protect the interests of drivers heading towards your pickup location.
- The compensated amount is a reasonable justification for the time and effort spent by the driver.
- Uber facilitates review and adjustments in case of unfair or incorrect cancellation fee deductions.
Uber Ride Without Cancellation Fee
- If you cancel Uber ride 5 minutes after the initial request, there is no cancellation fee charged by the app.
- If the driver is running 5 minutes behind ETA or estimated time of arrival, the cancellation does not incur any fee.
- Make sure you cancel as soon as possible to avoid Uber cancellation fee.
- Scheduled rides can also be cancelled without incurring any compensation.
How to Cancel Uber Ride
The following sequence of steps is a good guide as to how you can successfully cancel Uber ride-
- First, you have to open the Uber app in the Smartphone.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen on Uber map.
- You will find a ‘Cancel Trip’ alert if the driver has accepted the trip.
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button that is found next to ‘Contact’ button, and underneath the driver details such as name and picture.
- You will see a confirmation message and query with two different options.
- Click the ‘Yes’ option to immediately cancel Uber ride.
How to Cancel Uber Ride for Scheduled Trips
The following sequence of steps have to be implemented in order to cancel Uber ride-
- First, you have to open the Uber App from the Smartphone.
- Select the three horizontal lines button at the top left corner.
- After that, you have to choose ‘Your Trips’ option on the next page.
- Select the ‘Upcoming’ tab to view the list of all the scheduled rides.
- Scroll down the list and carefully select the specific trip that has already been scheduled by you.
- You have to tap the ‘Cancel Ride’ button found below this particular trip.
- The screen displays a final confirmation query and message.
- Cancel Uber ride by tapping the ‘Cancel Ride’ button once again.
- The scheduled trip is cancelled without any driver compensation fee.