Uber ensures that all it’s drivers fit the requirements to be an Uber driver. This is to provide good quality service to customers. However they can not control all driver activities at t micro level. This leads to certain problems related to the drivers.
- One such problem may be the situation where a driver overcharges for a ride.
- In such a case, he may ask you to pay more than the amount shown by the app.
- If you have experienced such a problem, we have the solution for you today.
- Follow the steps to file complaint against an Uber driver for overcharge.
Steps to file complaint against Uber driver for overcharge
1. Launch the Uber application: The first step to file a complaint is to launch the Uber application. Locate the trademark Uber icon from your phone’s app drawer as shown by the arrow. Tap on the icon to open the App. The home screen of the app will open.
2. Tap on the Three-line Menu icon: Tapping on the Uber icon will open the application to the default home-screen as shown in the picture below. Locate the three-dot icon in the top left corner of the screen. This icon represents the Menu of Uber. Tap on the icon once to access the Menu of Uber. You will get a drop-down list of the different options.
3. Select the “Your Trips” option: As a result of tapping on the Menu option, you will get a
One of the options will be titled “Your trips as shown in the picture below. This option represents all the trips you booked on your account. Tap on the option once as shown in the picture.
4. Tap on the trip for which you were overcharged: Once you select the “My trips” option, you will be given the list of all the trips as shown below. From the list, find the trip for which you were overcharged. Tap on the trip to open it. As a result, all the trip’s details will be displayed.
5. Select the Help option: As a result of tapping on the ride, all the details will be displayed as shown in the picture. You will also find the option titled Help as shown by the arrow. This option provides you with any help you need with regards to your ride. Tap on it once to avail the help options provided by Uber.
6. Choose the “I would like a refund” option: Once you tap on the help option, you will get a list of options as shown in the picture. These represent the different options provided to help customers. Tap on the “I would like a refund” option as shown in the picture. This option will enable you to get a refund.
7. Select your Reason for
8. Enter the Cash you were expected to pay: After you select the option of “I was overcharged” for my trip, you will be redirected to the screen shown below. Enter the amount which you had to pay according to the app. Tap on the space provided shown by the arrow. Enter the amount that the app had initially calculated.
9. Enter the amount you paid: Once you enter the amount you were expected to pay you can then enter the actual amount you paid. Tap on the space provided as shown by the arrow mark. Enter the amount you paid to the driver.
10. Share any additional details if needed: Once you enter the fare you paid, you can then enter any additional details regarding the incident. If there is a particular detail which you want to complain about, you can enter it here. Tap on the space provided and enter the details.
11. Submit your complaint: Once you have followed all the steps explained above you can then submit your complaint. Submitting your complaint will send the details of your complaint to Uber. To submit your complaint you have to tap on the submit button shown at the bottom of the screen once.
Therefore in this way any user can File complaint against an Uber driver for Overcharge. The procedure is fairly easy and simple to follow. Once you follow the steps you will be contacted by Uber and your refund will be processed. Thus it is an important option that Uber provides. This is because users have to have the option to contact Uber in case of such situations.