Do you want to delete your uber account? It’s very simple. Many reasons could be behind this decision. Here we are going to explain two methods to delete uber account, first will be using the mobile app, and second by Uber official website.
Delete Uber Account using Mobile App
If you are a smartphone user and for some reason want to delete Uber account follow the steps below
1. Open Uber app on your phone and go to the help option. The help option available in the app can be used for all kinds of requests. It is available under the three bars.
2. Click on the three lines on the top left corner in the Uber app on your phone.
Once you click on three bars, you will get four options 1. Payment 2. Your Trips 3. Free rides 4. Help
3. Tap on help Upon clicking on help you will get another list of option on the left of your screen.
4. Tap on “Accounts and Payment Options”: You need to drag down, then you will see a list. In the list, tap on “Account and payment options”.
5. Tap on “changing my account setting” Another window will pop up when you tap on Accounts and Payment Options from this second list choose “Changing my account settings”
Once you click on this, there will another list will come up. It seems that Uber hides the option to delete Uber account underneath these options.
6. Tap on “delete my uber account”: Go little down, In the list option to Delete Uber Account is listed at the very bottom.
7. Confirm Once you click on Delete Uber Account, Uber asks you why you would like to delete Uber account and asks for an opportunity to retain you.
Answer the question on the screen = Do you wish to Delete your account – Answer with Yes or No.
If your answer is yes, they request you to share details before you leave.
Once you have shared details, Click on Submit.
Your account will be immediately deactivated but is not deleted until 30 Day period. So if you wish to go back and use your Uber account then all you will need to do is log in to the app again.
Once you have deactivated the account, all you will need to do is uninstall the app from your smartphone.
Steps to Uninstall Uber App
- Select the app from the screen and hold it for a few seconds,
- on the top of the screen, you will get a big cross like Icon – this cross is symbol for uninstall.
- Drag the Uber app to that cross.
- Your smartphone will ask if you will like to uninstall the app, confirm by clicking on yes and that’s all.
- This step will uninstall the app from your phone but if you have not performed the steps listed above your account with Uber will remain intact.
- In order to delete Uber account follow all the steps listed above.
Delete Uber Account Through Website www.uber.com
Step 1: The official website of Uber is uber.com. You will need to login with your username and password in order to proceed.
Step 2: If you need help in signing in visit this link to get help from Uber – help.uber.com
Step 3: If you have forgotten your password visit this help.uber.com to reset the password.
Step 4: If you are still having trouble logging in to your Uber account visits this link to get help from Uber.
Step 5: Once you are able to log in, go to the help option at the top of the window
Step 6: On the help page, one can find a lot of already answered questions that can direct you in the right direction. In order to delete Uber account, go to the second section on the page ‘Changing my account settings’.
Step 7: Under ‘Changing my account settings’, find Delete my Uber account and follow the steps listed. Please find the snapshot of the webpage below.
Step 8: Go to Settings > more settings.
Step 9: Click on ‘ Delete my Uber account ’.
Step 10: Confirm by writing yes and add the details, why you would you like to delete the account.
Step 11: Your account gets deactivated instantly but your main account will be deleted after 30 days.
Email Uber to Delete Uber account
If you are stuck and still cannot delete your Uber account, OR if you feel that the issue is different and unique and you are not satisfied with the option in the app or on the website then feel free to contact Uber Customer Support by email.
You can contact them by writing an email at [email protected]. Their response time is quick and generally answered in 24 Hours.
How to Delete Uber Account Used for Business Profiles?
If you have an existing business profile with Uber but now want to delete the Uber account for the employee who is using Uber Business profiled
- To remove an employee from the Uber Business Account, select the Employees tab.
- Click on the box next to the name of the employee you’d like to remove.
- Now tap on the small Delete option which looks like a trash can and is placed at the top of the page the top of the page.
- As a result, an employee will not appear in any searches, not on your dashboard and not even on payment account.
- Update the reason and confirm Yes
- The business profile of an employee will be deleted.
These are some of the easy ways to delete the Uber account. Same steps have to be followed by the driver partners as well.