Do you want to delete your uber account? It’s very simple. Many reasons could be behind this decision. Here we are going to explain two methods to delete uber account, first will be using the mobile app, and second by Uber official website.
Delete Uber Account using Mobile App
If you are a smartphone user and for some reason want to delete Uber account follow the steps below
1. Launch the Uber application: The first step to delete your Uber account is to open the application. For this, you have to locate the Uber application from among the apps in your phone as shown in the picture below. Tap on the Uber icon once. Doing this will launch the Uber application on your phone.
2. Open the Menu option: Uber will open the home screen of the app by default. Once the home-screen is opened, you need to go to the Menu section of Uber. The menu section is represented by a Three parallel line icon. This option is located in the top left corner of the screen. Tap on the option once to avail the Menu of Uber.
3. Select the Help section: Once you select the Menu, you will get a drop-down list of all the different sections of option available. You have to then select the Help option from the list. Locate the Help option as shown by the arrow. Tap on it once to access all the Help related options offered by Uber.
4. Choose the Account and Payment option: As a result of selecting the Help section, you will get another set of sub-sections. These will include different types of Help related options. You have to locate and tap on the Account and Payment options as shown by the arrow in the picture. This will include all your account as well as payment-related options.
5. Select the “Changing my account settings” option: The account and payment section will include a list of account and payment related options such as
You have to choose the “Changing my account settings” from the list. Locate the Changing my account settings options. It should be the second in the list. Tap on it once to open.
6. Hit the “Delete my Uber account” option: As a result of selecting the Changing my account setting option, you will get a list of other settings options shown below.
You have to then locate the option titled “Delete my Uber account” from the list. Once you find the option, you have to tap on it once to be able to delete your account.
7. Open the link to delete your account: Finally, once you follow all the steps explained in the article, you will be redirected to the section shown in the picture. Uber will provide you a link to delete your account. This link will be titled “DELETE MY UBER ACCOUNT” as shown in the picture. This will redirect you to the Uber website. In the website, you will have to
- Enter your Email ID
- Enter your Uber password
- Sign in to your account
- Delete the account.
Therefore any user who wants to delete his/her Uber account can follow the steps explained in the article above. The procedure is extremely simple. There is no complicated steps. You have to be aware that deleting your Uber account means you will not be able to reactivate it. Thus users have to be careful while deleting their Uber accounts.
Once you have shared details, Click on Submit.
Your account will be immediately deactivated but is not deleted until 30 Day period. So if you wish to go back and use your Uber account then all you will need to do is log in to the app again.
Once you have deactivated the account, all you will need to do is uninstall the app from your smartphone.
Steps to Uninstall Uber App
- Select the app from the screen and hold it for a few seconds,
- on the top of the screen, you will get a big cross like Icon – this cross is symbol for uninstall.
- Drag the Uber app to that cross.
- Your smartphone will ask if you will like to uninstall the app, confirm by clicking on yes and that’s all.
- This step will uninstall the app from your phone but if you have not performed the steps listed above your account with Uber will remain intact.
- In order to delete Uber account follow all the steps listed above.
Delete Uber Account Through Website www.uber.com
Step 1: The official website of Uber is uber.com. You will need to login with your username and password in order to proceed.
Step 2: If you need help in signing in visit this link to get help from Uber – help.uber.com
Step 3: If you have forgotten your password visit this help.uber.com to reset the password.
Step 4: If you are still having trouble logging in to your Uber account visits this link to get help from Uber.
Step 5: Once you are able to log in, go to the help option at the top of the window
Step 6: On the help page, one can find a lot of already answered questions that can direct you in the right direction. In order to delete Uber account, go to the second section on the page ‘Changing my account settings’.
Step 7: Under ‘Changing my account settings’, find Delete my Uber account and follow the steps listed. Please find the snapshot of the webpage below.
Step 8: Go to Settings > more settings.
Step 9: Click on ‘ Delete my Uber account ’.
Step 10: Confirm by writing yes and add the details, why you would you like to delete the account.
Step 11: Your account gets deactivated instantly but your main account will be deleted after 30 days.
Email Uber to Delete Uber account
If you are stuck and still cannot delete your Uber account, OR if you feel that the issue is different and unique and you are not satisfied with the option in the app or on the website then feel free to contact Uber Customer Support by email.
You can contact them by writing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their response time is quick and generally answered in 24 Hours.
How to Delete Uber Account Used for Business Profiles?
If you have an existing business profile with Uber but now want to delete the Uber account for the employee who is using Uber Business profiled
- To remove an employee from the Uber Business Account, select the Employees tab.
- Click on the box next to the name of the employee you’d like to remove.
- Now tap on the small Delete option which looks like a trash can and is placed at the top of the page the top of the page.
- As a result, an employee will not appear in any searches, not on your dashboard and not even on payment account.
- Update the reason and confirm Yes
- The business profile of an employee will be deleted.
These are some of the easy ways to delete the Uber account. Same steps have to be followed by the driver partners as well.