You might want to delete Credit Card from Uber after its expired or for whatever reasons. In the guide given below, you will find a step by step procedure so that you can easily delete Credit Card from Uber. It’s really important to remove the expired or unused credit card from your uber account. Just follow the steps given below.
Important Points Before You Delete
- Credit cards are an important part of registration. So, be sure of deletion.
- Make sure that you have a new and verified payment option already in place.
- Failure to do so may prevent riders and partners from access to services.
- Cards can be deleted using customer support, online request, and mobile Apps.
- Account cancellations do not necessarily lead to deletion of database records.
- Uber may retain details of account, rides and payment for business purposes.
- The company automatically blocks credit cards that are fraudulent or problematic.
Steps to Delete Credit Card from Uber
The following three methods are normally employed by customers to delete sensitive information such as credit card details –
1. Launch the Uber application: First of all, you need to open the uber application on your android device. You will see a black icon with uber written on it. It’s the trademark icon for the uber application. Just tap on that icon to open the uber application on your android device.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines: After you have launched the uber application you will see three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the main page of the uber application. Just tap on the line and it will open a sidebar with a number of options.
3. Tap on Payment: You will see a number of options, for example, You trips, Help, and others. Tap on the payments and it will allow you to add or delete a payment method.
4. Tap on the Card: On the payments page you will see all the payment which you have added in your uber application. Just tap on the credit card you want to delete. You can also add payment from this page.
5. Tap on the three dots: On the top right corner of the page, you will see three dots. Tap on it to open the card settings.
6. Tap on Delete Payment Method: Finally, you can tap on the Delete payment method to delete your selected card from the uber application.
7. Tap on Delete: To confirm just tap on the Delete option which will pop up from the bottom of the page. If you wish to go back just tap on the Cancel option.
Your credit is now successfully deleted from your uber application. Now you will not be able to pay using that credit card. Although you can other credit cards or any other payment method which you wish to add. It is always recommended to delete the expired credit cards.
1. Call Customer Support
Riders and partners who want to cancel their Uber accounts have to call the customer support team. Depending on local laws, the company is obligated to remove all the database records including payment details.
If, however, Terms and conditions are applicable then support team’s assistance is necessary for removal.
Make sure you call Uber’s customer services if mobile phone or credit card are stolen or lost.
2. Online Request
To ensure competent and reliable services, Uber facilitates more than one payment method. These include cash payments, and cashless transactions through digital wallets, net banking, debit and credit cards. Both riders and partners have to open a personal account and link their bank account details.
The credit card information includes card number, expiry date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
Uber permits modifications or closure of accounts including the debit and credit cards.
Customers, at all times, have to retain at least one payment method to avail or deliver their Uber services.
1. Uber’s online help portal has useful information and assistance for those with personal accounts.
2. You have to sign in to access your account on the home page at the following link:
4. Select ‘Account and Payment Options’ for riders or partners as applicable.
5. Signed-in users can file requests or complaints or seek further assistance.
6. Request account deletion, business deactivation, payment method update, etc.,
7. Uber also addresses account hacking and other payment related questions.
8. Make sure you submit a succinct and clear message for immediate assistance.
3. Use Smart Phone App
1. This is the easiest and most reliable method due to instant and effective results.
2. Retain your personal account, and use mobile App to add new payment mode.
3. First, you have to download the latest Smart Phone App from Uber.
4. Tap the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the mobile screen.
5. After that, tap on the help option in the menu
6. Next, go to the next option Account and Payments
7. Add the digital wallet or new debit or credit card details and tap ‘SAVE’.
8. Now you can edit the CC detail in payment section, and click the ‘Delete’ link.
Note: Credit cards can be directly deleted from Apple Pay from iPhone’s Uber App.
Uber relies on software technology and communication devices to ensure safe rides in urban areas. The company has also expanded its services from ride-sharing and driving to courier and food delivery.
Customers interact only with the Smart Phone Apps or online platform for real-time services. However, Uber has a back end that comprises of storage devices, cloud computing, and software tools.
Analytics and databases are vital for technological efficiency and upgrades. So, Uber stores ride history along with personal information and bank account details.
In case of any dought or inconvenience, you can contact Uber customer services they will guide you in a simple and quick manner.