Uber history is the record of all your previous rides and other bookings. The app will always maintain a record of these. It maintains a list of all the rides you book as well as other details such as the route, or even the price. Users may want to clear this history.
- There may be multiple reasons for this ranging from personal reasons to any other reasons.
- Thus if you find yourself searching for a way to delete Uber history, then you have come to the right place.
- Although there is no way to delete the Uber history itself, you can still manage to get rid of the details.
- You can do so by deleting your account. Follow the steps explained below to Delete Uber history.
Customers who want to quit Uber services can also delete their personal Uber history along with the account and the App itself. Uber also giving facility to check your uber history.
Guidelines for How to Delete Uber History
- Uber history refers to all the information collected from customers and drivers.
- Uber history includes personal details such as customer name, address, mobile number, email id, and account password.
- Payment details include credit card information and history of transactions.
- Technical details include hired services, routes, dates, time of service, etc.,
- Uber history is deleted after 30 days or 1 month of account deactivation.
Guidelines for Deleting Uber History
- Customers have to delete uber account using a Smartphone app or online services.
- Before deactivating your account, delete credit card from Uber App.
- Once the account is deactivated, Avoid Uber services for a period of 30 days.
- The account is subsequently deleted on a permanent basis.
- The Uber history also gets deleted simultaneously after account termination.
- The information is retained legally by Uber for its business objectives.
- Customers can call the support team and request them to completely delete Uber history from the server.
- The latest Uber app also provides a permanent history deletion facility.
Steps to Delete Uber History
The following guidelines specify how to delete Uber History with immediate and effective results-
1. Launch the Uber application: The first step is to open the Uber application on your phone. Locate the trademark Uber app icon as shown in the picture. Tap on this icon once. It will launch the application on your device. The home-screen of Uber will open by default.
Make sure you sign in to your personal account using email id, mobile number, and password.
2. Tap on the Menu icon: Once you tap on the Uber icon, it will launch the app to the home screen. You need to locate the Menu option. It is represented by the Three parallel lines icon, located at the top left corner of the screen. Tap on the Menu icon once to avail the options offered by Uber.
3. Select the “Help” option: As a result of tapping on the Menu option, a drop-down list will open as shown in the picture below. You will find different options listed here. Locate the “help” option shown by the arrow in the picture. Tap on it once to avail the “Help” related options provided by Uber.
4. Choose the “Account and Payment” option: Tapping on the Help option will redirect you to the following section. This section will include a list of Help option provided by Uber with regards to
- Trip and Fare review
- Guide to Uber
And others. These options are present in additional topics. Thus, locate the Account and payment option from the additional topics. Tap on the option once to get help with your account and payment.
5. Select the “Changing my account settings” option: Once you tap on the Account and payment option, you will get a list of further options. They will be listed as shown below. Locate the option titled “Changing my account settings”. Tap on it once to delete your Uber history.
6. Hit the Delete my Uber account: As a result of following all the steps explained above, you will get the last set of options. Hit the Delete my Uber account option as shown by the arrow in the picture. This option is generally located at the bottom of the list. You will then have to enter your password as confirmation and your account will be deleted.
Step 7: Specify the exact reason for deleting the account in your feedback message.
Step 8: Uber deactivates the account with immediate effect.
Step 9: The permanent deletion of Uber history takes 30 days or 1 month.
Step 10: After a month, the company server will delete Uber history.
Step 11: Some information is retained for business and legal reasons.
Step 12: You have to contact the customer support team for any other deletion requests.
Therefore in this way any user who wants to delete his/her Uber history, can follow the simple steps explained above. Although not an ideal solution, the procedure is fairly simple to follow. Deleting your Uber account will clear the history recorded for that account. You can create an account again If you want to use Uber in the future.
Note: Still your problem not solved, for any further queries you can contact Uber customer service.
How Uber Collect the User Data?
The personal information and ride tracking data collected by Uber over a period of time are stored as part of Uber history. Uber offers technology-based taxi hiring and driving services, and information is the key to effective decision making and networking.
- The data includes mobile notifications, source and destination locations, various contacts, credit card and payment details, etc.
- Uber reserves all the rights to this data, and customers or drivers also have their privacy rights.
Uber offers transparent and flexible services through an online portal and Smart Phone App. The customers and drivers have to sign up for a personal account before they ride or drive for Uber.