The personal information and ride tracking data collected by Uber over a period of time are stored as part of Uber history. The data includes mobile notifications, source and destination locations, various contacts, credit card and payment details, etc. Uber reserves all the rights to this data, and customers or drivers also have their privacy rights.
Uber offers technology-based taxi hiring and driving services, and information is the key to effective decision making and networking. Uber offers transparent and flexible services through an online portal and Smart Phone App. The customers and drivers have to sign up for a personal account before they ride or drive for Uber.
Customers who want to quit Uber services can also delete their personal Uber history along with the account and the App itself. Uber also giving facility to check your uber history.
Guidelines for How to Delete Uber History
- Uber history refers to all the information collected from customers and drivers.
- Uber history includes personal details such as customer name, address, mobile number, email id, and account password.
- Payment details include credit card information and history of transactions.
- Technical details include hired services, routes, dates, time of service, etc.,
- Uber history is deleted after 30 days or 1 month of account deactivation.
Guidelines for Deleting Uber History
- Customers have to delete uber account using Smartphone app or online services.
- Before deactivating your account, delete credit card from Uber App.
- Once the account is deactivated, Avoid Uber services for a period of 30 days.
- The account is subsequently deleted on a permanent basis.
- The Uber history also gets deleted simultaneously after account termination.
- The information is retained legally by Uber for its business objectives.
- Customers can call the support team and request them to completely delete Uber history from the server.
- The latest Uber app also provides the permanent history deletion facility.
How to Delete Uber History
The following guidelines specify how to delete Uber History with immediate and effective results-
Step 1: First, you have to open the Uber app on your Smartphone or mobile device.
Make sure you sign in to your personal account using email id, mobile number, and password.
Step 2: Tap the 3 horizontal lines menu at the top left corner of the screen.
Step 3: Chose the ‘Help’ section from the menu screen.
Step 4: After that, Tap on the link ‘Account and payment options’.
Step 5: Scroll down and select the ‘Changing my Account settings’ link at the end.
Step 6: Confirm the account deletion request and share the details in the message box.
Step 7: Specify the exact reason for deleting the account in your feedback message.
Step 8: Uber deactivates the account with immediate effect.
Step 9: The permanent deletion of Uber history takes 30 days or 1 month.
Step 10: After a month, the company server will delete Uber history.
Step 11: Some information is retained for business and legal reasons.
Step 12: You have to contact the customer support team for any other deletion requests.
Note: Still your problem not solved, for any further queries you can contact Uber customer service.