Money is a standard medium of exchange, and all Uber payments can be easily done through cash. Since technology has proliferated, Cashless transactions are also permitted by the company. Here we are going to explain How to Pay Uber?
How to Pay Uber ( Uber Payment Methods)
You can use multiple uber payment methods. As uber offering many different ways to make payment easily. It can be a cash payment or cashless payment both facilities is available for uber riders.
Uber Payment Methods
First, Uber drivers and riders have to link the payment method to their personal accounts. After that, they are assured of rides, drives, and delay-free payments, statements, and receipts.
Points to Note:
- The payment mode has to be selected or changed before a ride is hailed or booked.
- The cash has to be paid, along with an optional tip, only after getting down from the car.
- Cashless payment methods include credit cards, debit cards, net banking, and e-Wallets.
- Customers are free to add multiple payment options to their personal accounts.
- The payment method cannot be switched route from or to cash (where applicable).
- Depending on the country of service, Uber accepts the following –
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay, etc.,
- The latest Smartphone App from Uber can used to check Payment Statements, Invoices, Banking features, and Partner Invoices.
Step 1: Set Up the Payment Account Uber
Step 1. Download the latest Uber Smartphone App for Android, Apple, or another device.
Step 2. Make sure all the details of personal account to login are correct and complete.
Step 3. To set up the payment account, Tap the menu icon of the Uber App.
Step 4. Select the ‘PAYMENT’ menu item and hit the ‘ADD PAYMENT’ link.
Step 5. After that select the CASH option as your payment method for rides.
Step 6. Alternatively, you can scan a debit or credit card that is acceptable.
Step 7. Use the camera icon and center the card in phone’s screen for 4-corner green flash.
Step 8. You can also manually type in the card info or add your PayTM wallet.
Step 9. Fill in the form with details like card number, expiry date, CVV number, postal code.
Step 10. Finally, you have to complete the CASHLESS option selection by tapping ‘SAVE’.
Step 2: Pay Using Cash
1. Open the Uber App and select the menu options from the top left corner of screen.
2. After that, you have to scroll down the screen to the ‘Payment’ section.
3. Select ‘CASH’ from the available list of payment options for your area.
4. Hail the ride by confirming the pickup location, and be ready with currency/change.
5. Get down at the drop location and make the cash payment with or without tips.
You can see detailed guide here How to pay uber with cash
Step 3: How Does Cashless Work?
1. First, you have to set up the card or digital wallet such as PayTM for cashless payments.
2. Make sure the payment method is not declined to avoid any future trouble.
3. If there are issues, reach out to the bank or add a new payment profile that is valid.
4. Be sure that the PayTM or other e-wallet has enough balance before you book the ride.
5. Top up the digital wallet by recharging with net banking, credit or debit cards.
6. Always book a ride only after selecting the preferred cashless payment mode.
7. At the end of a trip, your card or wallet is directly charged by Uber as per pricing policy.
Uber facilitates intracity and inter-city travel through the primary transportation mode of automobiles. Different types of cars can be hired on-demand through the mobile phone app for a smart and secure ride. These affordable and shared trips are made much more convenient through flexible payment options.
Uber registration is compulsory as details like mobile number and bank account number are necessary. The onus is on the riders, partners, and drivers to update their new or changed Banking details.
Money and Mobility
Riders and drivers have to login to their account to access or offer all the latest services from Uber. The online resources or mobile App’s options can be used to update the bank account details. This sensitive information is kept confidential by the company, and the customer’s privacy is also upheld.
Movement in busy areas is not easy, and urban transportation requires instant or safe financial transactions. Keeping this in mind, Uber provides multiple payment methods that are secure and trustworthy.