You can schedule an Uber ride if you want to ride later so that you can get your cab on time. In the step by step guide given below, you can easily figure it out to schedule an Uber ride. Just follow the steps given below and you are good to go. If you pre-book your cab then it will reach on time and also you will not get stuck in surge pricing.
How to Schedule Uber Ride
1. Open the Uber application: First of all, on your android device, you will need to tap on the black icon with Uber written on it. Just tap on it to launch the uber application on you device.
2. Tap on the Schedule Option: After you have opened the uber application you will see Schedule Option just next to “Where to?” box. Just tap on the icon to schedule an Uber ride.
3. Tap on the Date: Now you will need to enter the date on which you want to travel on for that just tap on the date box.
4. Choose the Date: A calendar will pop-up from where you can choose the date you want to travel. Just tap on the date from the calendar and the date will be selected.
5. Tap on OK: Now to confirm and proceed with the selected date just tap on the OK option present at the bottom of the box.
6. Choose the Time: A clock Pop-up will come as soon as you tap on the time box. Now from the clock choose the time you want the cab to come at your doorstep. First of all, choose the hour at which you want the cab to come.
7. Choose Minutes: After you have chosen the hour you will now have to choose the exact minutes. It is always recommended to keep some time gap. For example, if you want your cab to reach you at 10:15 you should choose 10:05.
8. Tap on Confirm: After you have chosen the date and exact time you want your cab to come you can then tap on the confirm option to continue with the selected date and time.
9. Enter the Destination: Now choose the drop location in the box given. Enter your drop location in the Where to? box. Start typing the location and you will get suggestions just below the box. Choose one from the suggestions.
10. Tap on schedule Uber: Now you can choose which cab do you want the UberGO or the Premier. Choose one and then finally you can now tap on the Schedule Uber option.
You will get the details of the uber driver before 30-45 minutes before the chosen time. The cab will reach you at the time you have selected. It is a really helpful option as you don’t need to be messed up in the booking process when you are about to leave.
- Review the scheduled Uber trip details and finally tap the ‘DONE’ tab.
- You can modify the details or even cancel the trip before the due date or time.
- A reminder is sent on the day of the scheduled ride by the company’s SMS team.
- Notifications are also updated via the mobile App as and when a driver is allotted.
- Any changes in the estimated fares are also informed beforehand to the rider.
Video- Schedule an Uber Ride
Facts on Uber Reservation:
Riders who plan to request Uber reservation have to be aware of the following requirements or facts associated with this special option –
- The ride can be scheduled on Uber App by customers who have a personal account.
- Occasional requests are also accommodated online for those who submit details of country and mobile phone or Smartphone number.
- Uber relies on SMS feature of the mobile phone to confirm the booking in advance.
- The customers who opt for Uber Reservation may have to pay an additional fare in the form of data charges.
What maximum time range to schedule the ride
Uber is the ride-sharing facilitator that extends a top-quality mobile and Smart Phone App to all the registered riders, partners, and drivers. Unlike the traditional taxi services, the hi-tech company leverages cutting edge technologies such as GPS system, mobile and internet communications, and reliable database software to ensure smooth and efficient services.
Uber has also rolled out the ride scheduling option in many cities along with the regular on-demand car-hailing option (during busy traffic hours).
The popular on-demand trips are normally requested as and when needed by the rider at any pick-up location. In contrast, the scheduled rides, have a time window that ranges between 30 minutes to 30 days.
Occasions for Uber Scheduled Rides:
1. Attend job or personal interviews and other important business appointments.
2. Get to the Airport, Railway Station, or Bus complex without any traffic worries or delays.
3. Couples and friends can have enjoyable dating experiences or late-night parties.
4. Dispatching a ride for pre-planned events such as birthdays, weddings, or festivals.