Uber is the ride sharing facilitator that extends a top quality mobile and Smart Phone App to all the registered riders, partners, and drivers. Unlike the traditional taxi services, the hi-tech company leverages cutting edge technologies such as GPS system, mobile and internet communications, and reliable database software to ensure smooth and efficient services.
Uber has also rolled out the ride scheduling option in many cities along with the regular on-demand car hailing option (during busy traffic hours).
The popular on-demand trips are normally requested as and when needed by the rider at any pick-up location. In contrast, the scheduled rides, have a time window that ranges between 30 minutes to 30 days.
Facts on Uber Reservation:
Riders who plan to request Uber reservation have to be aware of the following requirements or facts associated with this special option –
- The ride can be scheduled on Uber App by customers who have a personal account.
- Occasional requests are also accommodated online for those who submit details of country and mobile phone or Smartphone number.
- Uber relies on SMS feature of the mobile phone to confirm the booking in advance.
- The customers who opt for Uber Reservation may have to pay an additional fare in the form of data charges.
How to Schedule Uber Ride
Scheduling rides with Uber is a straightforward affair for all urban commuters who are experts in using the modern mobile phones with touch screens. The following sequence of steps have to be implemented in the specified order to make a correct booking –
1. Tap the Uber App or login into the personal account using user ID and password.
2. New users have to register with the company and download the latest mobile App.
3. Select the car icon in the ‘Where to’ box at the center of the screen.
4. select the schedule option in the lower right corner.
5. Roll the calendar to chose the specific month, date and time of scheduled ride.
6. After that, Hit the ‘SET PICKUP TIME’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
7. Specify the destination and pick up locations using the map or keyboard.
8. Chose the ride type or category such as UberX, XL, SUV, or LUX.
9. Confirm the fare estimate and tap the ‘SCHEDULE UBER.’ button at the end.
10. Review the scheduled Uber trip details and finally tap the ‘DONE’ tab.
11. You can modify the details or even cancel the trip before the due date or time.
12. A reminder is sent on the day of the scheduled ride by the company’s SMS team.
13. Notifications are also updated via the mobile App as and when a driver is allotted.
14. Any changes in the estimated fares are also informed beforehand to the rider.
Occasions for Uber Scheduled Rides:
1. Attend job or personal interviews and other important business appointments.
2. Get to the Airport, Railway Station, or Bus complex without any traffic worries or delays.
3. Couples and friends can have enjoyable dating experiences or late-night parties.
4. Dispatching a ride for pre-planned events such as birthdays, weddings, or festivals.