Username or email id, the password is the most important detail that preserves the integrity of a driver or rider’s personal account. The financial transactions, ride-hailing records, and sensitive information has to be protected from prying online eyes.
Reset Uber Password
A secretive password and encrypted communications are mandatory for Uber to implement this privacy or protection requirement. The company also maintains strict confidentiality and there are standard methods to reset Uber password.
How to Reset Uber Password Online
Uber riders and drivers have to be alert to mobile communications, and the password has to be modified or changed at regular intervals to avoid detection or compromises. Those who forgot their login details can also change the sign-up information using the following steps –
1. First, you have to open the official Uber app
2. Go to three line menu
3. Tap on the ‘Help’ option
4. On the next page, tap on ‘Account and Payment Options’ link on the left side panel.
5. Tap the suitable link in the “I can’t sign in or request a ride” section.
6. Select the link for ‘I forgot my password’ or ‘I can’t sign in to my account’.
7. Confirm the I forgot my password option
8. Verify the phone number by typing the one time password in the fields
9. Now you will be redirected to browse to enter your email ID
10. Uber sends an email with details of the method to reset Uber password in a safe and reliable manner.
Passwords & Phishing
Online communications happen across digital channels, and signals can be intercepted by clever hackers. The data stored on servers can also be compromised by malicious attackers who try to extract money or favors.
Uber, like other tech-savvy companies, relies on end-to-end encryption, firewalls, password security, and anti-virus software to ensure the real-time protection of communications and personal information.
The customers have to display maturity and keep their accounts safe through the following tips-
- Always select a unique password that you alone can recollect quickly, and never use this for other websites or services.
- A safe password has a combination of capitalization and a minimum of 10 permitted alphanumeric characters.
- Keep your computer, laptop, tablet and mobile devices up-to-date in terms of hardware and security software.
- Avoid third party services and focus on transacting only through official Uber websites and Smartphone apps.
Uber is the pioneer in demand-side ride-hailing services, and their mobile App is a feature-rich product with many options. The customers have to sign in or register for a personal account either as a driver/partner or as a rider. The email, mobile phone number, and password are the mandatory login details that facilitate information checking and transaction requests.
The personal settings feature also allows the registered user to reset Uber password and other important data to reflect the current realities. The reliable and tech-intensive transport company also provides assistance through a well-trained 24×7 customer support team.