Have you forgotten your Uber Password? If yes, then fear not for we have the solution for you today. Uber allows users to reset their Uber password.
- This service is provided for situations when a user forgets his/her password and can not log in.
- This procedure should be differentiated from changing your Uber password. Resetting a password is exclusively when you have forgotten the original password.
- Thus, you will not be allowed to log in in such a situation. Therefore you will need to follow the steps to reset your password.
Steps to reset Uber password
1. Launch the Uber application: The first step to reset your Uber password is to launch the application. This means you have to open the app from among your apps. Locate the trademark Uber icon as shown in the picture below. You will either find it in the home screen or in the app drawer. Tap on it once to launch Uber.
2. Tap on the Menu icon: Opening the Uber application will give you the Home-screen of the app. You have to locate the menu option and open it. The Three line icon in the top left corner of the screen represents the Menu. Locate the icon as shown by the arrow in the picture. Tap on it once to avail the menu.
3. Select the Help option: As a result of opening the Menu, you will get a list of options such as
Locate the Help option. The help option includes all the information regarding customer support. By default, the Help option should be third in the list. Tap on it once to access the Help options.
4. Choose the “Account and Payment Options”: Once you open the Help option, you will get another set of options to choose from. These are all customer service related options. Locate the “Account and Payment” section of the options. Tap on it once to get all help related to your account and payment.
5. Select the First option: Once you open the Account and Payment section, you will get the screen shown below. This includes all account and payments related help options. Among these, you have to choose the first option. The first option is the “I can’t sign in or request a ride” option. Thus, it will provide you help with regards to signing in.
6. Hit the “I forgot my password” option: Once you open the “I can’t sign in or request a ride option” you will get the screen shown in the picture. All the Password and sign-in related options will be listed. Hit the “I forgot my password” option which should be located at the top of the list. This will enable you to Reset your Uber password.
7. Tap on the Link at the Bottom: After yo hit the “I forgot my password” option, you will be redirected to the section shown in the picture. All the necessary details about resetting your password will be provided. You will also get a link titled “I forgot my password” at the bottom of the page as shown in the picture. Tap on this once to reset your password.
8. Enter the Verification Code: Once you tap on the “I forgot my password” link in the previous step you will be redirected to the verification section. Uber will send a 4 digit verification code to your registered mobile number. Enter the same into the space provided as shown by the arrow in the picture. Once you enter the code, Hit the verify button.
9. Open your Email: After you verify your mobile number, you will be switched to the screen shown below. The screen will contain a message from Uber. It will state that the registered Email has received a password reset link. You have to then open your Email to access the link in order to reset your password. Open the Email from Uber which you receive.
10. Tap on the Reset Password option: Once you follow all the steps explained above, you should get the screen shown in the picture. It will include a message regarding the request for change in password, along with a link to do so. Tap on the Blue color link provided to reset your Uber password. You will be redirected to the app where you will have to do the following
- Enter the new password according to the requirements
- Re-enter the same new password without any mistakes
Reset Uber Password through Website
Uber allows you to reset your password using the website as well. If in case you do not have the app installed or even if you do not have access to your smartphone, you can reset your password on the website. Follow the steps explained to do this.
1. Visit this URL: https://auth.uber.com/login/forgot-password The first you need to do is to open the link provided. This will redirect you to the Uber website wherein you can reset your password. Once you tap on the link above, the Uber website will be opened.
2. Enter your email: Once you open the website, you will be asked for your email. Tap on the space provided and enter your email ID. Ensure that you have entered the Email of the account which you cannot sign in to. Uber will then send a reset link to the email you entered.
3. One reset email link will come to your email: Once you provide Uber with an Email ID it will send a reset link to the particular Email ID. Open your Email and select the mail from Uber. Tap on the link and reset the password as explained earlier.
Therefore any user who has forgotten his/her password can reset their Uber password by following the steps explained above. It is a common problem with people. Thus Uber provides you the option to easily reset your password. There is no complication to carry this out.
Tips to keep your accounts safe
Online communications happen across digital channels, and signals can be intercepted by clever hackers. The data stored on servers can also be compromised by malicious attackers who try to extract money or favors.
Uber, like other tech-savvy companies, relies on end-to-end encryption, firewalls, password security, and anti-virus software to ensure the real-time protection of communications and personal information.
The customers have to display maturity and keep their accounts safe through the following tips-
- Always select a unique password that you alone can recollect quickly, and never use this for other websites or services.
- A safe password has a combination of capitalization and a minimum of 10 permitted alphanumeric characters.
- Keep your computer, laptop, tablet and mobile devices up-to-date in terms of hardware and security software.
Avoid third party services and focus on transacting only through official Uber websites and Smartphone apps.