Have you ever felt your heart sink at the realization that you do not have your phone with you? If you have, then you are not the only one. There are a number of users who seem to forget their belongings in their respective cabs.
- As per the data released by Uber, the item most forgotten is the Mobile phone.
- Thus, people seemingly tend to forget mobiles more than anything.
- Therefore, if you have lost your mobile in an Uber cab, then follow these steps to retrieve it.
- We have to the solution for you.
How to retrieve lost mobile in Uber
1. Log in to Uber on the PC or on a friends mobile :The first step to retrieve your lost mobile is to log into the Uber web or Uber application. You can do so on the PC or on a friends phone. Simply enter the details of the account from which you booked the ride you last traveled and log in. This is because we need to access the previously booked rides.
2. Go to “My Trips” option : As a result of logging in, you will get the Home-screen of Uber. You have to go to the My trips section. Tap on the menu option to access the list of options. This option is represented by 3 horizontal lines icon. Select the My Trips option from the list of options that appear.
3. Open the Ride in which you lost your phone : Selecting the My Trips option will open the list of rides that you booked with the respective dates and other details. Open the ride in which you lost your mobile phone. To do this, simply tap on the ride.
4. Tap on the “I Lost an Item” option
5. Select the “Contact driver about lost item” option: Once you open the Lost item section you will get different options to retrieve it. From the options provided, find and select the option titled “Contact driver about lost item”. This option allows you to contact the driver about your lost item.
6. Enter the Number you want to be contacted on :As a result of tapping on the “Contact Driver’ option, you will be redirected to the next screen. You have to scroll down to the space provided for the phone number. Tap on the space provided and enter a phone number that you have access to. Whether it is a friend’s number or a family members number.
7. Answer the consequent phone call : Once you enter the phone number, you will get a call from Uber almost immediately on the number you provided. Answer this call. You will then be connected to the driver of the corresponding ride.
8. Confirm the Items and set a mutual place to retrieve it: If the driver answers your call, first describe the item you have lost. Confirm the presence of the item in his car. If it is present, you can then set up a mutual place to collect it. Depending on a convenient location for both parties, meet up at a safe location and collect your phone.
9. Leave a voice message if
Therefore the steps explained
There is not much complication to it. Once a registered complaint is made regarding the lost phone, provided that it is found in his car the driver is liable to return the mobile. Thus there is no need to worry with regards to the driver.