Uber bike is a facility hosted by Uber, in which bike rentals are made possible in place of cars. These are of two types. UberMoto offers conventional bikes as taxis. UberBike is a service that provides electric bikes with swappable lithium-ion batteries, fancy new displays, retractable mounts for smartphones, and cable locks in the rear. The concept behind the idea of introducing Uber Bikes is simple.
It tests the feasibility and possible advantages of using bikes as taxis instead of cars. This is understandable, since bikes move easily through traffic, thus reaching the location in a lesser time. Since bikes are also considerably cheaper than cars, fares are also cheaper.
How much does Uber bike cost?
UberMOTO offers bike taxi services at very affordable fares. In some cities, the fares are ₹25 for the first 3 kilometers. After that, the company charges ₹3 for every additional kilometer.
Does Uber own jump bikes?
Yes, Uber owns jump bikes. Jump is an independent electric bike and scooter rental company that was recently bought by Uber. Uber acquired Jump after a period post the partnership between the two, during which the users could view JUMP bikes through the Uber app.
Currently, UberBike is available predominantly in the United States, though it has also entered some European and Middle East markets. Uber plans to the electric bike services in India soon.
How do I book an Uber bike?
In order to book your bike taxi from Uber, just follow the steps mentioned in this article. You can easily book your Uber bike if it is available in your city.
1. Download the Uber app: On your smartphone, download the official Uber app for iOS or Android. If you already have the Uber app, make sure it is updated to its latest version. You can download the latest version of the Uber app by clicking here.
2. Open the Uber app:Now, open the Uber app on your device.
3. Create your account: Create your Uber account by providing your phone number. You will get a 4-digit verification code as SMS. On verifying, your Uber account becomes active.
4. Enter pick-up location and destination: The app will open to the home page. The home page has a ‘Enter pickup point’ option. Click on that tab. Provide your pickup location and destination. Request for a ride with Uber.
5. Select UberMOTO:The app shows the various ride options that are available from your location to your destination. Under the ‘Economy’ section, select UberMOTO. The fare details are also provided.
6. Choose mode of payment: Next, you will have to select your mode of payment for the ride. Payment for the ride can be made either by cash, credit card, debit card or mobile wallet. The users would receive an electronic receipt via the Uber app.
7. Confirm Ride: After selecting UberMOTO, select your payment method. Next, click on ‘Confirm UberMOTO’. This confirms your ride. The app shows you the Uber bike taxis that are available near your location.
8. Driver details:The app automatically assigns a taxi that is close to you. The app shows the current location of the bike taxi. The app provides the name and contact number of the driver. The vehicle number is also provided for easy identification in crowded places. You can also talk to the driver via the chat feature in the Uber app.
Thus, following the above steps, you can avail your Uber bike ride via the Uber app. The UberMOTO service is a great option if you are looking for a cheap and quick ride through the hustle and bustle of the cities.