There are different cancellation charge according to the time after which you cancel the uber ride as per Uber cancellation policy. The cancellation charges are made to compensate the drivers and so that they are not at a disadvantage. The charges may be different according to the cities but general cancellation charges are listed below.
1. What is Uber Cancellation Charges?
- Cancellation Fee: You will be charged 5$ if you cancel your ride two minutes after requesting the ride.
- Wait Time Fee: If you keep your driver waiting you will be charged around $0.10 per minute.
- Booking Fee: There is no such booking fee but roughly its around $2.40. which is Nonrefundable.
- Cleaning Fee: $20–$150 may be charged depending on the mess you created in the cab.
- Lost Item Fee: You may be charged if your driver gives the lost item back to you. Also, it’s not charged everywhere.
- Toll charges: Passengers will have to pay
You will be charged if you cancel your ride after 5 minutes of booking. So make sure if you are canceling the ride cancel it before 5 minutes.
2. How Uber charge cancellation fees?As per Uber cancellation policy below listed factor to charged on cancelation.
- Uber does charges you a cancellation fee whenever you cancel a booked uber ride. It depends on how much time you have canceled the ride.
- Also, if the driver cancels the uber ride after waiting for you on your location for 5 minutes he can cancel and you will be charged.
- There may be a different charge for different categories of uber-like you may be charged different for UberPool and different for UberXL.
You can cancel the uber ride within 5 minutes then you will not be charged. They charge you just to compensate the drivers time.
3. Can I cancel an Uber without being charged?
- Yes, off course as per Uber cancellation policy you can cancel the ride without getting charged. You just need to cancel the ride before 5 minutes of booking the cab ride.
- You will not be charged any amount if you cancel your ride before 5 mins of booking.
- Also, you will not be charged if the driver cancels the ride. You can also cancel if the driver is late and not be charged for that as it’s the driver’s fault.
You will also be not charged a cancellation fee if you are canceling the ride before any driver has accepted your ride.
4. Can I cancel Uber if it is taking too long?
- Yes, As per Uber cancellation policy you can cancel your Uber ride if the cab is not on your doorstep in the estimated time.
- You will not be charged if the driver arrives late from the expected time.
Also, you can cancel the ride beforehand in 2-5 mins if the driver will take more time and then you can book another ride.
5. How to get a refund if I was charged wrongly?
You can go the help by tapping on the three horizontal lines present at the top left corner of the uber application.
Then it will open a sidebar with a number of options. Just tap on the help option to get a refund of the wrongly charged fees. You can also contact Uber customer care to talk about the refund issue. you can request for a refund from Uber. Therefore, you may end up getting a refund.
How we can request a refund
Uber cancellation policy suggests that Cancellation fee is levied to compensate the drivers for their effort and time but sometimes you will need to ask for a waiver. Please follow the steps below to request Uber refund of cancellation fee.
- Login to your Uber App with your user id and password.
- Tap on the menu on the top right corner
- Search for your trip and click on it.
- Click on canceled trips or recent trips to review the trip.
- And check if a cancellation fee was charged.
- If you were charged a fee but you think should not have been, then go to the help section and submit a query under ‘problem with cancellation fee’.
The compensation charged for the customers is essential for the efforts and money spent by the drivers. The refund policy lets the customers to avoid unnecessary charges deducted from their account.
John Connell says
I am having trouble cancelling an advanced uber ride for Friday 07/02/2020 @10.35 from 19 Lexington Place Wishart to 5 Selborne Street East Mount Gravatt