Uber is the app that connects driver and passengers for booking rides. Many android apps introduced their own wallet system to get money from the customers as advance payment for the future needs. For example, there is Paytm wallet or oxygen wallet. Similarly, Uber introduced Uber credits. Uber credit is equivalent to money, which can be spent only on Uber app.
How do I view Uber credits?
To view the Uber credit, you need to go to the payments section of the app. There are number of credits you have earned will be displayed. There is no expiry date for Uber credits and it cannot be transferred to another account.
How to get Uber credit?
To get uber credit you have to do any one of the following methods
- Uber gives you credits if you refer your friends to it. To refer your friends, you can follow the steps below
- Launch the Uber App: Do this by tapping on the icon of Uber.
- Open Menu: Now tap on the upper left corner three-line menu option. You will be shown options.
- Select free ride: select the free rides option on the menu.
- Share invite code: You will be given a unique invite code, then copy the invite link and it to your friends.
- Friend using the code: The friend you referred can use your invite link as promo code while logging into their Uber account.
- Credit after first trip: Once they make the first trip, credits will get transferred to your account. These credits can be used for travel as already mentioned.
- It will also be given to you if there is any mishap in your riding experience. For example: If your car gets stuck in the road, you can get Uber refund as credits.
When will the credit be deduced?
After finishing your travel with Uber will charge the money from your credits first. if additional money needed, it will prompt you to select anyone of your payment methods.
How to toggle on or off the Uber credit?
After you set the destination, you can toggle Uber credits on or off
- Open Uber App: Launch the Uber app and select destination on the map shown.
- Select payments: Tap on the payments options above Request option to select appropriate payment method.
- Toggle the credits: Swipe left to avoid credit balances are used. the white credit option to your right.
Note: You cannot toggle the credit account, once you have made request to a car. Uber credit is automatically toggled off for business trips.
In conclusion, this credits option is very useful for the riders, as it reduces the overall cost you pay for your ride. Referring more and more friends means you will ride without any cost. Uber is using this chain marketing to establish the brand name in the user’s mind.