Uber has gained worldwide popularity and following in a short time. The company leverages modern technologies for urban transport and food delivery.
It relies on computer software, networking hardware, and mobile communications. The tech specialist is now venturing into the exciting logistics field.
Their new division, Uber Freight (freight.uber.com), has been launched to perform load hauling. The free app matches the needs of shippers and carriers and connects them.
According to media reports, the company acquired a trucking business in 2016. It has quietly launched its own freight-carrying trucks after that. The Uber Freight app is integral to this planned and intense venture.
The shipper’s load takes the place of riders, while the drivers have a big truck. A carrier/shipper service is akin to the owner of an Uber car.
Uber Freight App
The app is designed to replace brokerage firms that charge very high commissions. Supply and demand are factored in, as is dynamic/ surge pricing. The shipper can earn a real time price based on the costs.
Equipped with the Uber Freight app (iPhone or Android), He can ship promptly and efficiently. Better profits can be earned in short time with careful planning. The technology assures bookings, load and cost estimates, and email support.
Facts & Fundamentals
- The new app service is for the benefit of carriers, shippers, and drivers.
- An existing carrier company can deliver more transparent, tech-assisted services.
- The drivers will have flexibility, satisfaction, and higher motivational levels.
- Carrier companies can make inquiries with freight-dedicated Uber support team.
- Shippers are welcome to sign up online or post an email to the concerned division.
- The Smart phone app can be downloaded from Google Play and Apple App Stores.
- All the customers have to sign up for an account and register their mobile numbers.
How to Get Started
- First, Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (for iPhone users).
- Type in the words “Uber Freight” into the search box and submit.
- The brand-new app can be downloaded and installed free of cost.
- After that, you have to open the following website on the internet –
- Sign up with Uber Freight division by filling in the details of the form.
- You can register as a shipper, dispatcher, owner-operator, or company driver.
- Make sure you fill in all the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- Make the final submission to complete the account registration process.
- Existing driver or partner accounts with Uber may be deactivated without notice.
- Uber has a global reputation as a trustworthy, tech brand in transport services. The company has launched the Uber Freight division with long-term plans. The trucking industry has been targeted for improving its efficiency.
- The company’s Apps are known to be reliable and consistent. They cover the terrain and aim to solve all the trucking business hassles.
- Uber’s management and engineering staff also strive for growth and prosperity. They build a strong relationship with all the trucking partners. The support team is a phone call away, and they clear all doubts.
- The truckers and shippers can quickly partner with Uber and grow with the company. They retain their full independence, while still doing what they love the most. Uber technically operates as a brokerage/intermediary and takes load responsibility.
- The shippers and carriers/truckers/drivers are matched in a perfect manner.
- Users can open the Uber Freight app and make a well-estimated booking.
- Once the booking request is submitted across the internet, Uber takes over.
- It correctly matches the request/ demand with the current supply situation.
- The software and background processing are tech-intensive and accurate.
- The customer immediately receives confirmation of the load via the app.
- There is no waiting time, and users can relax without any worries or anxiety.
- Uber removes trucking hassles such as bad loads and deadhead miles.
- The signed-up partners with activated accounts can deliver efficient services.
- The drivers don’t have to worry about downtime and weight limits.
- They can open the Uber Freight app and book a load from the given options.
- The assigned load can be hauled at any time of the day, or night, 24X7.
- There are no brokerage hassles or back and forth negotiations either.
- Regional and inter-state truckers can rely on Uber and find suitable work.
- Business is for livelihood and profits, and so Uber has a clear pricing policy.
- For the preferred load, Drivers can check the upfront price quote on the App.
- They can tap the load, confirm it, and drive ahead with confidence.
- The promised fee is paid to the drivers by Uber within a couple of days.
- Even if the shipper delays payment, the drivers are paid out on time.
- Upfront, transparent price estimate also includes accessorial charges.
Accessorial includes detention, layover, unused truck orders, and driver assists. There is no extra fee, but the accessorial charges are subject to verification.
D&K LOGISTOCS says
HOW MUCH INSURANCE IS REQUIRED TO SIGN UP WITH UBER FREIGHT. I HAVE A CARGO VAN (LOW ROOF) 8FT’ HAULS UP TO 3900 PDS. DOES IT MATTER THAT WE HAVE A SMALLER VEHICLE THAN 18 WHEELER/ REEFER?
is there a cut off year for box trucks?
Paula Minkler says
I am inquiring as to how we would get rate quotes for our transit needs. We have needs for transport of UN#3065 Alcoholic Beverages and also non hazmat loads. Most are LTL.
Terry Taylor says
Hello, how could I post services for Uber Freight such that I can offer drivers of big rigs the ability to purchase a new Tractor or Trailer at a discounted price to satisfy their needs to sign up as a freight hauler for Uber Freight. I can reach me at USABUYYER@gmail.com. I am located in the southern US.
Do you have to own your own truck or does Uber supply vehicles?
Is there someplace where you can see rates to determine possible income?
Is your regular Uber account deactivated once you sign up for Uber Freight?
Is there someplace Uber recommends where you can get vans or trucks at discount or lease.
Can you work on your own schedule or are there fixed schedules to work?
Do you need a CDL?
Mike Gerbas says
I have a 24 foot box truck, is that ok? for small local stuff in Chicago? What are the requirements?