Uber Technologies Inc. is a fast-growing, privately held company that specializes in urban transportation. The company’s Smartphone and mobile apps facilitate ride-sharing services in global cities. Strong performance has been reported by the management in 2017 despite competition and challenges.
The ride requests jumped by 150% from last year, and their Indian arm has crossed the 500 million trip milestone. The company adheres to a policy of equal opportunities, and Uber job prospects are bright and positive. Talented individuals with creativity and co-operative spirit are normally selected by the company.
Types of Jobs
Uber has a ride-sharing App for smart and mobile phones, and their employees include software engineers and senior management. The company has expanded into different markets through different new services. Uber job opportunities have grown as a result, and the company hires skilled and experienced candidates to fill up vacancies. The different types of employment chances are listed below –
- Partner/ Driver
- Software Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Android Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Accounts Executive
- Sales Manager
- Business Head
- Restaurant Partner Specialist
- Product Designer
- Marketing Manager
- Business Analyst
- General Manager
- Executive Assistant, Recruiter, etc.,
How to Apply as Driver
The technology-intensive company considers drivers as partners and their Uber job role is simple and easy. A licensed driver can register for a personal account and extend rides to customers within and outside the city’s limits. The vehicle has to satisfy some minimum requirements, and the driver’s performance is rated during service. The online registration process comprises of the following sequence of steps –
1. First, you have to open the official website at the following link- https://www.uber.com/
2. After that, Select the ‘Drive’ link at the top of the home page.
3. Go through the requirements and ensure your eligibility for the Uber job.
4. Next, you have to click the ‘Sign Up’ link and fill in the details of the form.
5. Enter a valid email, phone number and optional invite code for discounts.
6. Read the Driver Privacy Statement to understand additional terms and conditions.
7. Uber will contact you through email, phone, or automated SMS message.
8. You will be asked to share the required documents by uploading scanned copies.
9. Driving license, car registration, permits, insurance documents, etc. are necessary.
10. Uber approves the suitable candidates who can download the latest App.
11. Designated independent partners can start driving, and they receive further help.
How to Apply for Other Jobs
Experienced and fresh graduates, postgraduates, and research scientists can also work for Uber. Job opportunities are extended only to applicants who are eligible and innovative. Internship programs are also available for those who are still studying at universities. The online application procedure for different teams is listed here –
1. First, Open the official website at the following link – https://www.uber.com/
2. After that, scroll down to the end of the page and click ‘Careers’ link.
3. You can search for a job by entering a keyword like an intern, manager, accounts, etc.,
4. Search feature also enables country, city, and team-wise opportunities.
5. Scroll down the open roles list and click the desired job designation.
6. Go through the job description and eligibility criteria to satisfy your suitability.
7. Click ‘Apply Now’ link and proceed with the application process.
8. Sign in to the personal account or drop your latest digital resume.
9. Manual application forms are also available for submission.
10. Uber recruiter contacts the suitable candidates for selection rounds.