Uber has introduced the concept of Uber Lite. Uber Lite mobile application is relatively simpler than the already existing Uber application. The feature that really stands out Uber Lite from Uber Cab booking application is the memory occupied by the Uber Lite. As the name implies “Lite” is in the literal sense of memory space occupied by the application.
And Random Access Memory (RAM) occupied during the mode of operation. First of all, it is quite memory friendly. Secondly, it does not take up a large portion of your Random Space Memory (RAM) during the operations. Uber LIte occupies only 5MB of your memory space.
How Uber Lite is Different From Uber?
The frequent notifications from your system (cell-phone) about low memory space won’t trouble you any more. The size of Uber Lite is equivalent to the size of a couple of pictures resting in the cell phone gallery.
Frequent installing and uninstalling application. And even deleting important files just to install a new mobile application is pretty common with every one of us.
So, Same goes with Uber Application as well. With application size of about 5MB. You are free to keep your important files intact.
- A normal Uber application needs a space of 180MB whereas Uber Lite requires less than 5 MB of memory space.
- Another important feature is reduced typing. The user simply doesn’t have to type their current location. Your location will be automatically detected by GPS. Hence reduced typing.
- Another feature includes is the language of app operations.
- The company is still planning to include a feature for offline cab booking.
Why Uber Lite?
Apart from the advantage of relatively low memory occupancy and less RAM required for the operation. There are some other advantages of Uber Lite as well. Few of them enlisted below
1. Reliability:A weak internet connection is more painful than low memory space on your system. A memory space can be fixed for once but rebooting your phone simply can not fix poor internet speed.
As per the tech point of view, it largely depends on signal strength at the very moment. But what if you urgently need a cab, and the signal goes down? A poor internet connectivity is simply not a problem for Uber Lite.
Company’s efficient engineers have designed the application in such a manner that the application works pretty well in poor signal connections.
2. User-Friendly Data Usage:In this digital age of mobile communication. Yet, many users are still quite concerned about their data exchange rate while using the internet.
The mindset still prevails today where a user might end up thinking Uber uses a large share of their data. Any solution? Uber Lite really is the solution.
Low memory space, better performance in poor signal strengths and now even data friendly approach. So, you simply don’t have to worry about excessive data consumption while booking your ride.
The app is fabricated in such a way that it doesn’t uses much of your internet data pack.
3. Easy to learn:As described above. The app was designed for the better user interface. And to unify much of application’s features. The main aim of the company was not to confuse the customer base with algorithms that made this app.
But rather it was to make ride booking process much more easier, user friendly and time saving. The app is quite simple to operate and allows you to book your ride in just four taps.
That means you’re just four taps away to book your ride. Quiet Simple. Right?
Where Can You Get The Service?
Uber Lite is available on leading application database of Android phone users. You can find the application in the play store. All you’ve to do is just to follow these simple steps.
Step 1:Open your Google Play Store in Android Phone.
Step 2:Find the search bar icon at the right top corner of the screen.
Step 3:Tap once on the search bar.
Step 4:You will find the keyboard appeared at the bottom of your screen.
Step 5:Type Uber Lite in Search Window.
Step 6:The play store will show you a wide range of results.
Step 7:Please select the Uber Lite app in the search results.
Step 8:After selection, a new window will open up.
Step 9:At the middle right side of the screen, there is an icon that reads “Install”.
Step 10:Tap on the “Install Button.”
Step 11:Your download will get started in a moment or some.
You will get a notification the moment installation is complete. This is how you can install Uber Lite on your smartphones ( Android Phones).
Which Country Offers The Service?
As per some company’s rules and regulation company has to abide by some rules and regulations. So in order to follow a set of rules, the company simply can’t launch application worldwide ( or at a global scale). Following up is the list of countries where Uber lite is available.
- S0uth Africa
- And in a major share of Latin America countries.
The Company is planning to cover more countries within the year 2019 itself. Larger it grows the happier the customer base they get.
How To Change Your Location of Pickup?
It is possible that GPS may not be able to locate your current destination accurately. No need to panic you can change your location by following these simple steps.
- Open the app you downloaded from Playstore. Right next to pickup location there’s an option of edit your location.
- You can adjust your pickup. You can either type in the new address as per your convenience or you can hover the pin onto the map to select your pickup location.
- To complete the process of changing the location. Tap confirm button onto the screen to complete the request.
Your driver will soon be coming up at the pickup location you have entered.
So far we discussed about how Uber lite is different from Uber. The perks of using Uber lite. The additional features, the countries in which it is available, the process of booking your ride and lastly the process of changing the pickup location. Just one tap away from the world of new possibilities.
Leave a Reply