Uber has now proposed an idea of on-demand electric scooter rentals. The company’s new service is marketed within appellation Jump. In April of 2018, Uber purchased Jump, a bicycle rental company of The States. For now, being Jump has been leading the Uber’s all famous electric scooter rental service. Maintaining the jump cycle legacy, the electric scooters have an enthralling colour combination of red and black with the company’s logo imprinted in white colour.
The company launched the product in Santa Monica, California on October, 18. It won’t take any longer for the company to roll their innovative thinking on the streets of The United States Of America. The service allows individuals to rent electric scooters nearby and roll nearby just in no time.
How Do You Ride a Scooter On Uber?
Uber has introduced a new product with a completely new way to access it. Allure the hidden explorer within in either of two ways.
First has a very simple set of steps to follow.
Step 1:All you’ve to do is reserve a scooter using the uber app.
Step 2:The second step reaches the scooter you’ve reserved.
Step 3:Scan the QR code on the handle and you can start your ride by paying a nominal fee of $1.
The fares will vary as per your current location.
Step 1(A):The second approach in which you’ve to walk to the scooter nearby and find the blue QR barcode icon in your app.
Step 2(B):Scan the QR code on the handlebar and here begins your economical and environmentally friendly ride.
Riding Instructions for your uber scooter
Riding uber electric scooters is as easy as riding a bicycle.
Step 1:Before sailing off on your new journey, all you’ve to do is press start journey ( considering the fact that you’ve scanned the barcode on the handlebar and paid a nominal fee of $1 too).
Step 2:Later on, the rent is $0.15 per minute.
Step 3:Point your handle in a safe direction.
Step 4:just to make sure the engine has gained enough momentum for starting off.
Step 5:you’re required to kick the leaver 2-4 times, press the accelerator button on right handlebar to prepare your scooter for a ride.
Step 6:In order to bring your scooter to halt consider using a brake button to the left of the handlebar.
Uber electric scooters on an average give a maximum speed of 15miles per hour and are capable of traversing a maximum distance of 15 miles uninterrupted.
After completion of your ride the company’s property must be parked at certain locations provided by the company throughout the city. All you’ve to do is first end your ride within the service area ( to avoid a penalty of $25) and find a suitable place to park your scooter.
- The ideal place to park your rental must be near the bike rack, near a road intersection that doesn’t block the path of pedestrians.
- Just for the sake of everyone convenience try not to park the scooter on anyone’s personal property.
- After parking your scooter safely in a service area, pull down the side stand and tap end ride (via the app ).
- In the final procession of your journey, the app will ask you to take a picture of the scooter just to make sure that the scooter is parked at the right spot and there ain’t any casualty to the scooter.
- The app will use pictures to locate this scooter for the next ride.
Is Uber Scooter Safe?
Following things must be kept in mind before you use uber electric scooters
- The rider must be at least 18 years old or above. Before you sail off on your ship of exploring your neighbourhood there’s a condition an individual must verify.
- The rider must have a valid driving license to use this service and before riding down the streets you’ll be asked to upload a picture of your valid driving licence.
Life is not a bed of roses and so is Uber’s scooter rental service. The moment you leave the area prescribed by uber’s efficient algorithm, a piece of not so good news for you. If anyhow you cross the threshold as prescribed for the journey, get ready to pay a penalty of $25 above the fare of your journey.
The company has a firm belief in the rider, that he/she will abide by traffic rules while driving and must not pose any kind of peril to pedestrians. At the end of your ride rider is supposed to park the scooter in a manner that it doesn’t obstruct sideways or a path for the pedestrians.
What are the pros and cons of uber scooters
Every coin has two sides. And so does electric scooters by uber.
Counting advantages of uber scooters.:
1. Economical Ride Fares.
2. Ideal for short rides nearby.
3. Easy to drive and rent.
4. No toxic emissions hence environment-friendly.
5. Ease of swapping with other scooters
Cons of riding uber scooters.
1. Best till the point where riders follow rules ideally.
2. Can pose peril to the pedestrians
3. The limited service area.
4. Can’t prevent the casualty to the public properties.
Of all the brands available in the market for electric scooters. Uber stands out the rest of them. The accessories, mileage, rental rates are almost the same. it’s the goodwill of uber cab services that has given uber electric scooters privilege of being preferred most by customers.
You’re just one step away from your amazing experience of driving on your own across the city. You’re just one tap away from all new enthralling service of uber. Download the app today to enjoy your first ride today.
Paula Carvajal says
I do not think Uber Scooter is safe. Did you know that one person who falls in their head with a scooter or a bus crash another person into the floor and the head hits the ground. That person can suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury ( a head injury caused by an external force) that can be a lifetime seizure and physical impediments can rise in the future years of the client. https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/indianapolis/2019/09/20/scooter-lawsuit-indianapolis-rider-says-lime-scooter-caused-injury/2376381001/
I would say to include helmets in every scooter given by the company is the safest way the client can defend itself from external injuries and head hitting the concrete. I do not see this safety issue in your guidelines of the use of the scooter. This is a crital matter for the population who use this medium of transportation.