Uber has recently launched the VoiceOver options to communicate with drivers and to book rides. The VoiceOver option of Uber is a way of booking the ride on a call of sorts. The app uses a working data connection to start a Voice call with the driver. Though the option to call an Uber driver was available before, it was not available using voiceOver.
- All the various options are read out to you at the different stages of the booking. Therefore, it is called Uber VoiceOver since all the options and details of the ride are read out to you.
- Today we will give you everything you need to know about Uber voice over with regards to requesting a ride and communication with a driver.
- About Uber VoiceOver
- How to Request Ride using VoiceOver
- Connect with Driver using VoiceOver
What is Uber VoiceOver
Uber VoiceOver is basically the option where, at each stage of the booking, everything is read put aloud. But it is not only restricted to this.
It even allows you to interact with the app using your voice. Reducing the amount you have to touch your screen.
Thus you can do certain tasks completely without touching the screen. Therefore, it is the option where all the details and selections are read out aloud.
Steps to request a ride with Uber VoiceOver
- Select your destination : The first step to book a ride with Uber voice over is to select your destination. For this you need to single tap, then double tap on the “Where to” option on the app. Say the destination you want to go to, or select from the list of suggested destinations.
- Pick up location : The pickup location will automatically be selected according to your current location. You can also change it if you need by tapping on the option and saying the destination you want to go to.
- Choose the type of ride : You can then choose the type of cab you want to book. Use three fingers to swipe through the rides. Single tap, then double tap on the particular ride you want to choose.
- Confirm the Pick up : To confirm the pickup, you need to be sure of the details you entered. Go through it once. IF you are then single tap and double tap on the Confirm Pickup option located at the bottom of the screen.
The booking of the ride will be completed with this. You will hear a voice message confirming all the details of your ride. There are many options you can avail even after booking the ride. One such option is the option to contact the driver.
Steps to contact driver using VoiceOver
Once you’ve been assigned a driver the option to contact your driver using VoiceOver is only available.
You will come to know you have been assigned a cab. Once the cab details and the driver details are read out aloud to you.
Therefore follow these steps to contact a driver using VoiceOver. There are two ways in which you can contact your driver.
- Select the phone icon: The information will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, once you have been assigned a driver and a cab. Single tap then double tap on the phone icon from the options.
- Choose the “FREE CALL” option: As a result of selecting the phone icon, you will get different options. To call the driver, single tap and then double tap on the FREE CALL option. This will connect your call to thee driver.
Text message or SMS
- Select the Text message option: If you want to send a text message to your driver then instead of selecting the phone icon, you have to
selectingthe message icon in the driver information. Single tap then double tap on it to select it.
- Speak or type your message: You will be redirected to the message section once you select the text message icon. You can either speak or type your message.
- Send the
message :You can send the message after you are satisfied with it. The message will then be read out to the driver.
Therefore we can comfortably say that Uber VoiceOver is here to make our experience with Uber much better. Now everything is more user friendly. The user of the app will find it easier to avail the different services offered. Thus, it is an important change brought about by Uber.
Leave a Reply