Technology And Transport: Mobile communications and software technology have revolutionized the world. No company has been immune to these drastic changes.
Various industries have changed their business model. The transport sector, be it goods or people, is no different in this matter.
A Smart phone, mobile app, and internet connection can do wonders now. The rider can hail a car from anywhere, and at any time. The driver gladly obliges and appears at the doorstep.
The global pioneer in efficient ride-hailing apps is undoubtedly Uber, Careem, Ola, Grab, Lyft, and Didi Chuxing are the noteworthy competitors.
Also Read: Who Are Uber’s Biggest Competitors?
All these private companies can deliver scheduled transport services. In doing so, They are effectively reshaping the global taxi business.
Stylish apps, luxury cars, ride sharing, and digital currency are their highlights. They have created a fascinating, yet complex web of high-quality cab services.
Uber Vs Careem
The global giant, Uber, has a considerable presence in every continent. The company’s market value has been estimated at a whopping US $40 billion.
They offer a wide range of ride sharing and food delivery services. Their tech-based delivery network also includes freight or cargo shipping.
Careem, in contrast, is a Dubai-based transportation network, founded in 2012.
Their ride-hailing app caters to Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia regions. As of 2017, The company has been valued at US$1.2 billion.
Currently, The private company’s cars operate in about 80 cities – located in 13 countries.
Common Factors between Uber and Careem
- Both companies are privately owned, and they face regulatory bottlenecks.
- They claim to offer safe, affordable, and hassle-free rides for anyone, anywhere.
- Competition is intense, and the two companies are dependent on data analytics.
- They both rely on referral programs and social goodwill to capture the market demand.
- Those who book a ride aspire for convenience, comfort, and positive experience.
- Both offer basic, premium class, and luxury car rides to ensure customer choice.
The tech-savvy generation is not generally associated with loyalty or preference.
Differences between Uber and Careem
1. The unveiling of limo service in 2009 was the starting point for Uber Careem, like Lyft, is a relatively new entrant that was founded in 2012.
2. Uber has pioneering experience, and their creativity is unsurpassed. Careem leverages similar technologies and follows in their footsteps.
3. In some countries, Uber customers have access to low priced, 3-wheeler rides. Careem does not offer these Auto rickshaws or tuk-tuk service.
4. The base fare and per km. charges of Uber are lower than that of Careem. But it’s waiting charges (per minute), and cancellation fees are slightly higher.
5. Uber gets the routing and GPS data from Google or a third party system. Careem has a more efficient and dedicated local mapping system.
6. Careem’s drivers are known as Captains, and they are very friendly. Uber’s ride sharer or driving partner is a professional service provider.
7. Global players like Uber have to face and overcome cultural challenges. Careem is more comfortable with local culture, habits, and customs.
Uber has superior, sophisticated, and user-friendly app. Their booking procedure is also intuitive and The services and apps of Careem are slowly, but steadily evolving.