Technology And Transport: Mobile communications and software technology has revolutionized the world. No company has been immune to these drastic changes.
Various industries have changed their business model. The transport sector, be it goods or people, is no different in this matter.
A Smartphone, mobile app, and internet connection can do wonders now. The rider can hail a car from anywhere, and at any time. The driver gladly obliges and appears at the doorstep.
The global pioneer in efficient ride-hailing apps is undoubtedly Uber, Careem, Ola, Grab, Lyft, and Didi Chuxing are noteworthy competitors.
Also Read: Who Are Uber’s Biggest Uber Competitors?
All these private companies can deliver scheduled transport services. In doing so, they are effectively reshaping the global taxi business.
Stylish apps, luxury cars, ride-sharing, and digital currency are their highlights. They have created a fascinating, yet complex web of high-quality cab services.
Uber Vs Careem
Uber vs Careem , which one is best has been a constant debate. Both still are evolving services and they need to grow a lot. Both of the services have their pros and cons. The following will let you decide which one is best for your region, Uber or Careem and what are the main differences.
The global giant, Uber, has a considerable presence in every continent. The company’s market value has been estimated at a whopping US $40 billion.
- Firstly, we talk about passenger interaction with the driver. Careem Captains are much more interactive to their passenger than Uber Drivers. In fact, Careem Captains go through a separate training session just so that they can interact with fellow passengers in a professional way.
- Secondly, we’ll talk about the location tracking system. So Uber gets it’s GPS data directly from Google or any other third party system. This may at times not provide accurate results. Now, Careem has it’s own dedicated location mapping system which has more accuracy and independency.
- Next, we see quality assurance. Careem seems to take more care about the traveler’s preferences. this includes the AC temperature you want, your favorite radio songs during the journey and also offer you water to drink. This type of services is not still properly seen by the Uber Drivers.
- Considering the pricing, Uber wins the zone. It is much reasonable than Careem. Careem charges just a bit more because of the services it provides.
- Considering app-user interaction, Uber is much user-friendly than Careem. It is quite simple to book your ride and takes less time.
- Uber has a much wider availability than Careem. Uber is set in more than 700+ cities and Careem holds for 120+ cities and mainly the regions from Morocco to Pakistan, Turkey to Sudan.
- Services of Uber are hitting globally, it is widespread chaining. Careem seeks to connect the areas that up till now has largely missed up the transformational power of the Internet. It is trying to connect the bit technologically backward areas to the Global transformational chain.
They offer a wide range of ride-sharing and food delivery services. Their tech-based delivery network also includes freight or cargo shipping.
Helicopter rides and boat services are also associated with Uber
Careem, in contrast, is a Dubai-based transportation network, founded in 2012.
Their ride-hailing app caters to Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia regions. As of 2017, The company has been valued at US$1.2 billion.
Currently, The private company’s cars operate in about 80 cities – located in 13 countries.
Common Factors between Uber and Careem
- Both companies are privately owned, and they face regulatory bottlenecks.
- They claim to offer safe, affordable, and hassle-free rides for anyone, anywhere.
- Competition is intense, and the two companies are dependent on data analytics.
- They both rely on referral programs and social goodwill to capture market demand.
- Those who book a ride aspire for convenience, comfort, and positive experience.
- Both offer basic, premium class, and luxury car rides to ensure customer choice.
The tech-savvy generation is not generally associated with loyalty or preference.
Differences between Uber and Careem
1. The unveiling of limo service in 2009 was the starting point for Uber Careem, like Lyft, is a relatively new entrant that was founded in 2012.
2. Uber has the pioneering experience, and their creativity is unsurpassed. Careem leverages similar technologies and follows in their footsteps.
3. In some countries, Uber customers have access to low priced, 3-wheeler rides. Careem does not offer these Auto rickshaws or tuk-tuk service.
4. The base fare and per km. charges of Uber are lower than that of Careem. But it’s waiting charges (per minute), and cancellation fees are slightly higher.
5. Uber gets the routing and GPS data from Google or a third party system. Careem has a more efficient and dedicated local mapping system.
6. Careem’s drivers are known as Captains, and they are very friendly. Uber’s ride sharer or driving partner is a professional service provider.
7. Global players like Uber have to face and overcome cultural challenges. Careem is more comfortable with local culture, habits, and customs.
Uber has superior, sophisticated, and user-friendly app. Their booking procedure is also intuitive and The services and apps of Careem are slowly, but steadily evolving.
Uber vs Careem, Which one is best?
Well, this answering is all upon you. If you live in the regions like Dubai, Morocco, Pakistan and areas under Careem, you should certainly Go for Careem. the quality of service and the hospitality provided is beyond compare.
If you talk about the availability and pricing, Uber wins the game. It is available nearly everywhere across the globe and is reasonable also. Uber also provides a lot of services such as UberPool which allows you to split bills among other passengers as well.
So this decision that what is best totally lies to your preference. For more information about the individual services go to www.uber.com or www.uber.com.
Leave a Reply