UberEats and DoorDash both are two big names in the food delivery world. Here we have tried to compare them in the easiest manner. So you can get an idea with one is better according to your preferences:
Nowadays, for one thing, there are different ways or mediums are available to do the thing. For instance, there are different apps for doing shopping, payments etc.
Similarly, there are many apps available in which one can order the food without any hassles. Some of the apps have some points stronger than other apps so it’s up to the personal preference of an individual that which one would like to choose.
From the various sites, there are two of the apps for ordering food, which mostly used by most of the people. To choose the best of an app, one should compare the best such as UberEats vs DoorDash. There are several of the things which are common among the two such as –
- Both of them offers the food delivery to the customers at their home without much of the cost.
- They are available in many cities so that one could take the full benefit of the app. One do not have to search different apps to get the food.
- The food was delivered by the local vendor and one will get the faster delivery as it is from the local where one could get the food.
- Food delivered by both when we compare in a way UberEats vs DoorDash is delivered hot.
Despite this there are various things are different, which make it more favorable from another as per the need and liking of the people and make the comparison among UberEats vs DoorDash in a way such as –
1. Availability: DoorDash is available to almost 50 cities in US and Canada whereas Uber Eats is available worldwide, it has its network across the world. Here we can clearly say that Uber Eats clearly has a wider network and is available to many more cities thanDoorDash.
2. List of restaurants – When we consider UberEats vs DoorDash we take into consideration that how many numbers of restaurants are giving the services through their apps.
There are more numbers of people who are offering their services to the DoorDash as compared to the UberEats.
But it also depends on the location in which one is ordering the food. In some of the locations one can find numbers of local restaurants on UberEats then DoorDash and vice versa.
To the most of the location, DoorDash is having upper hand then UberEats.
3. Delivery Hours: With DoorDash you need to pay-
1. Cost of food, 2. Delivery fee, 3. Service fee, 4. Any applicable taxes.
The delivery fees of DoorDash starts at $5.99, which can even go higher in some cases. You can tip your Driver within the app.
Whereas with Uber Eats you need to pay-
1. Cost of food, 2. Delivery fee, 3. Any applicable taxes.
The delivery fee totally depends on your distance and time of your order. It is usually a less amount. With Uber Eats also you can tip your Driver within the app. Here you don’t need to pay any extra service fee.
4. Tracking of the order – In UberEats vs DoorDash both have different features but to consider the tracking the order on the GPS location then it could only be able to happen on the UberEats.
In DoorDash one can check the time of delivery but could not able to track the delivery on the GPS.
5. Changing the delivery address – Sometimes during the order that one insert the wrong address while in hurry. But it could be challenging to change the address in many of the apps.
Similarly, it happens with the UberEats but when we do the UberEats vs DoorDash then DoorDash has the feature of changing the address without any issues.
One could edit the address easily on the app and the change in the address will automatically reach the delivery person.
On the other hand in UberEats when one wants to change the delivery address then one needs to call the delivery person and to send the changed address via some other mode such as messaging or through call.
6. Delivery fee – The delivery fee is more reasonable when we consider UberEats vs DoorDash then UberEats has the lower fee as compared to the DoorDash.
Delivery fee which is charged by the UberEats is pretty lesser than the delivery by any other standard delivery.
7. Customer Support: DoorDash have their in-app chat feature for small issues, there you can chat with the Customer support team. Also, they have their email email@example.com, here you can raise your queries.
They don’t have any Customer support phone number. Whereas Uber Eats have many ways you can contact them easily you can chat within in-app chat support, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org even call them at (800)253-6882.
8. Restaurant Support: Both the apps have a wide range of Restaurants. You can select it as per your choice. Both apps offer you Variety of cuisines, from Italian to Mexican and many others.
They may be some restaurants which are available in one app and not in the other; it totally depends from places to places. In this category, both are pretty much equal.
9. Feedback – When we consider UberEats vs DoorDash then the feedback is properly asked by the DoorDash.
In DoorDash the feedback is asked after the delivery of the food as well as how the delivery happened. In this way, one can give their views on both the situation.
If the feedback is not good then it would be taken seriously by the food giving restaurants and the driver who delivered the food.
In case of UberEats, one can give the feedback only by visiting the transaction that if there is an issue or the overall rating for the experience with the transaction and not the individual rating.
There are different benefits in each of the apps and when one is comparing UberEats vs DoorDash then it should be on the personal choice that with whom one wants to go with and continue their ordering of food. Or if one wants to consider both the options for different orders.