UberX is standard Uber car service provided to the customers. It is one of the most popular car service offered by Uber. It allows the passenger to reach their destination easily with a low fare. With UberX you can have a great comfort and can reach places so easily as its available 24/7. You can see here top UberX Cars.
Is there a difference between Uber and UberX?
Uber is basically a range of services that is provided to the customer from which they can select according to their choice. The services that Uber offer varies from cities to cities where as UberX refers to the standard Uber service which offers ride for upto 4 passengers.
How do I get UberX?
1. Open the app and book a ride: You need to enter the destination in the where to box on the screen after opening the Uber app and then at the bottom you see different range of Uber service from that select UberX.
Then click on Confirm. Once your ride is book you will see the driver’s detail on the screen and with this you can track how much time he will take to be at your place.
2. Get into your Uber: Before entering into UberX you should the details of the driver and the car, if they are same you can get in your UberX.
They have a map which shows direction of your destination, you can also tell them the direction if you know any shorter route.
3. Get out of the car and pay after reaching destination: When you reach your destination you can get out of the car and the payment will be done automatically, if not you can give cash to the driver.
After getting out of Uber you will see a rating screen, do rate the driver so that Uber can know about the services of their employees.
Can UberX carry luggage?
Yes, you can carry luggage with UberX but it should not be more than 2 for 4 people.
How much Luggage UberX can carry?
As only 4 people can go at a time with UberX. It will be comfortable to ride when only 1 or 2 people are with luggage, if there is more luggage it will be not much comfortable. You can take Uber XL if you have more luggage.
What’s the difference between UberX and Uber XL?
• Size– The UberX is smaller than Uber XL. It can carry more passengers than UberX.
• Price– Both are good choices in terms of money, Uber XL price a bit more because of its capability of taking more passengers and luggage.
• Availability– When you check this now on your phone, it will be clearly visible to you that UberX’s availability is more than Uber XL. As more cars that comes under the category of UberX runs on the road than of Uber XL.
• Accessibility– When it is compared on Accessibility basis both are equal. It depends on one’s choice. Some people are more comfortable in cars that can carry many passengers at a time and some not. Both are equally needed.
What size car is UberX?
UberX generally seats 4 passengers at a time. Cars like Toyota Prius, Honda accord fall under this category. If you are 4 members and want to travel this is the best option for you can go for.
How big is UberX?
It carries 4 passengers at a time. If you are finding a car for more than 4 people you can definitely go for Uber XL, Otherwise, 4 people can travel with the UberX.
What’s the difference between UberX and UberPool?
UberPool is a car service which is cheapest amongst all the services provided by Uber. With this, you can pool/share your ride with other passengers who are traveling in the same area where you want to go.
You can simply share your ride and pay a lot less than a normal Uber ride, whereas UberX can take four passengers at a time and with this you cannot share your ride and you need to pay the whole amount alone, so if you are finding a cheap way to ride go for UberPool.
Is it better to be an UberX or Uber Black driver? Which drivers get more fares?
As we see the UberX offers lowest base price, per mile, per minute and when we compared it to the Uber Black charge a lot more than UberX because of its Vehicle and driver requirements.
It is clearly visible that the Uber driver makes more money per minute, per mile. The basic fare charged is base fare.
In UberX the driver earn base fare upto $2.20 where as for the Uber Black driver it will be around $8.00. So we can clearly see the Uber Black driver earns a lot more than the UberX driver.
How much fare of UberX?
It depend on two factors, one is distance and the other is duration. The charges will work accordingly.
Different cities have different base fare. So it will be charged accordingly. And the base is charged even for getting into the car, so the charges will also act according to the city and the services rendered.
How UberX is different from other Uber Cars?
UberX is a standard Uber service which allows only 4 passenger at a time. They have many other variety of Uber range like Uber XL, UberPool, Uber SUV, Uber Select etc.
All the Uber services are different from each other and they are unique in their own way. UberX can be used when there are only 4 members to travel and don’t have much luggage with them. It includes cars like Toyota Prius, Honda Accord and many others.
Why I should select UberX?
If you want to travel or get to your destination with the comfort and services you should definitely do with Uber services. It has a basic Range in which the common Uber service is UberX.
It is used by many people in the country and is one of the best choice when you are planning to go somewhere. It allows 4 passengers to ride at a time. It is also the most easily available Uber service.
So even if you are in a hurry you can easily get yourself UberX anywhere anytime all round the clock.
Uber does not own the cars – be it a sedan, SUV, limousine, or a hi-tech model. The car owner can operate the vehicle or hire a driver’s services. A wide variety of cars are utilized, and they are distinguished by their service level.
These services differ in terms of car model, total number of riders, pricing policy, and quality. UberX falls under the low price, mid-size car service category.
Only UberGO has a cheaper pricing strategy than the X. All other services like the XL, SUV, LUX, and BLACK are much more expensive.
Requirements For UberX Cars
- The car has to be a comfortable and convenient 4-seater, 4-door sedan.
- It should be up-to-date in terms of registration plate and driving performance.
- The vehicle should have room for 4 or more passengers other than the driver.
- The auto version, model and make should be later than 2006(2002 in some places).
- The interior facilities should include air-conditioning, 5 seat belts, and heating system.
- Car’s windows, seats, and seat belts should be in good working condition.
- Uber may reject vehicles that are modified or with installed seats or seat belts.
- Taxis, salvaged vehicles, or those cars with markings, brand names, etc., are not eligible.
- In some cities, The driver and vehicle should both have insurance coverage.
- Finally, Only those vehicles which pass the inspection are allowed for daily service.
- Uber may reject automobile versions that are older than 15 years, after inspection.
Note – The requirements vary from one city to another. In some areas, Hatchbacks, SUVs, and minivans are also permitted to operate.
Popular Car Makes And Models For UberX
- Toyota Etios, Prius, Camry, Corolla
- Nissan Maxima, Sunny, Altima, Almera
- Kia Sorento, Kia Picanto
- Dodge Charger, Optima
- BMW 3 Series
- Ford Escape, Fusion, Escort, Crown Victoria
- Honda Accord, Hummer H3
- Chevrolet Equinox, Chrysler 200 & 300
- Maruti Swift Dzire, Mahindra Verito, Indigo
ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY
UberX is one of the most popular ride hailing services in the world. The riders and drivers are connected by the company when there is demand. Technology is the single defining factor in all the related transactions.
1. Mapping System
The mobile or Smartphone App is indispensable for every Uber ride. The passenger uses the app to demand or request a ride when it is needed.
Uber connects the nearest driver to this ride-sharer. It uses cutting edge GPS technology to determine the pick-up location. There is a tracking mechanism which is activated for the entire duration of the trip.
Drivers and passengers of UberX service have personal accounts. Their profile data, trip history, and payments are recorded.
Both cash and cashless transactions are permitted under this level of service. Uber customers normally connect their credit cards to the account for payments and receipts.
The company charges base fare, waiting time fee, per km fare, cancellation penalty, etc., The Uber fare is estimated before hand, and the formula is quite transparent.
Educated and math savvy riders and drivers can calculate the total fare. The app itself is automated, and there are no hidden charges. However, Surge or dynamic pricing policy eliminates the possibility of fixed rates.
According to a 2014 research, Uber handles over 1 million rides per day. The management team utilizes a profit-oriented business model and achieves success. Software systems, data, and real-time communications are leveraged with care.
The company aspires to dominate the transport networking sector. It aims to deliver ergonomic, economic, and efficient services through technical finesse.
Uber designates ridesharers and drivers as “partners” in their transport operations. According to some accounts, It is a peer to peer ride sharing service only. But Governments, of late, have imposed regulations using the term ‘transport network company’.
The related controversies have hovered around price strategies, worker rights, and taxation issues. Despite the obstacles, Uber is going strong and has expanded its business to other areas.
In addition to regular car-hailing service, The company has diversified in recent times. Other global services include cargo supply, food delivery, chopper rides, and water taxis. However, their reliable services like UberX, UberXL, and UberBLACK are still market leaders. They deliver these pros and cons to the stakeholders over a period of time –
- The drivers can work flexible hours and earn a satisfactory monthly income.
- Those who do not own cars can also work for multiple owners or employers.
- Tech-savvy drivers can carefully strategise their services and earn more money.
- Those who are ambitious can earn good ratings from the riders and aim higher.
- They can build a strong network and lead an insured and damage free life.
- Drivers have to cope with traffic tickets, damages, accidents, and other risks.
- Heavy competition sifts out inefficient drivers, and efficiency is amply rewarded.
- They may not receive prompt and friendly customer support from the Uber teams.
- A car ride is always going to be more expensive than a public transport bus fare.
- Group rides also require management of an individual’s personal account.
- Habituated commuters will no longer seek transport in a lively and active manner.
- To stay relevant, Smartphone navigation apps have to be updated regularly.
- There are regulations and restrictions on pick up and drop off locations.
- Not everyone is tech savvy, and there is no legal recourse for complaints.
- Despite the cons, UberX rides are prompt and convenient for many passengers.
- Cashless transactions and mobile communications are very comfortable.
- Passengers can share the ride, and get to their destination in a safe manner.
- Online technologies are trustworthy, secure, and data protection is assured.
Finally, Mutual rating system keeps both the rider and the driver in check.