As part of Uber’s product diversification strategy, Uber Technologies launched Uber Cash to streamline payments across all of its products and services. Uber Cash is an in-app wallet and digital balance that you may top up at any time. You can use the available balance to pay for Uber Eats orders as well as for all rides.
Uber Cash and Uber One are different products by the company.
How is Uber Cash beneficial to the user?
It is a convenient choice for frequent users. It has made efficient budgeting for your everyday rides and Uber Eats easier and more flexible. With Uber Cash, users can choose a pre-payment amount for auto-refills of the wallet balance. This allows a seamless and quick payment experience for your upcoming purchases.
How do I add funds to my wallet?
- You can start by visiting the mobile application and tapping on the account profile picture on the homepage.
- Next, select the “Uber Cash” or “Wallet” prompt to land on the page with your balance details.
- Tap “Add Funds.”
- You can select between a one-time purchase or the fund auto-refill option to proceed.
- You need to choose the amount of money you would like to add (say, $50). The monetary amount and denominations accepted by the app differ based on the geographic location of the user.
- Finally, tap to select your preferred payment method. The app enables you to use nearly any payment method, including debit and credit cards, PayPal, and Venmo to add funds.
- Tap “Confirm” to finalize your purchase.
Apart from adding funds by yourself, you can receive Uber Cash through the application’s rewards program, gift cards, and customer support.
How do I use Uber Cash?
After adding funds, Uber Cash will be applied automatically to your next ride or Uber Eats order. It will, however, not work this way if you’re using a business profile. To turn off automatic fund deductions, tap on the payment method prompt before requesting a ride. Additionally, select markets allow payment via regular cash as well, among other alternatives.
What is the “Auto-refill” option for?
Uber Cash comes with a special feature wherein you can opt for auto-refill of your account balance. In the Uber app settings, you can choose an amount that will be added to your account whenever your funds drop below a certain amount. You can turn off auto-refill anytime or change the refill settings by visiting the Payment menu in the mobile application.
How do I view my Uber Cash balance?
- Go to the Uber app.
- Click on the account profile picture on the homepage.
- You can view the wallet balance now at the top of your screen.
- In case you are unable to view the balance, tap “Wallet” to once again see the account balance.
Is there an expiration limit for the added funds?
No, there does not exist an expiration deadline for the added funds. Funds once bought, never expire. Simply put, if you added $100 to your account, the money will remain secured in the wallet even after a year of no usage. Naturally, your wallet balance will reflect $100 as the balance.