Uber Diamond is the Uber Reward’s top level status offering premium perks.
About Uber Diamond
Uber Rewards is the ride-sharing platform’s travel loyalty program. Part of Uber’s Rewards program, Uber “Diamond” is the highest of the four elite status levels. You can unlock Diamond by marshaling 7,500 points for your Uber rides and delivery orders.
Uber’s reward program offers its members reward points and level points to be redeemed against exclusive perks. And, your level points are employed to determine your elite status level per the tiered membership program.
What are the perks associated with Uber Diamond?
Uber Diamond offers its members with the highest number of benefits. In addition to Gold and Platinum perks, you will obtain the following exclusive perks:
- Elevated earnings on premium rides and UberEats, including doubled reward points on UberEats orders
- Flexible ride and order cancellations within 15 minutes of placing a request
- Exchange for Choice Rewards
- Complimentary ride upgrades, as and when available
- Exclusive points boost — earn as high as 6 reward points per dollar on eligible rides (first 5 Uber SUV and Uber Black rides)
- Priority pickup at airports
- Automatic access to highly-rated drivers in certain locations
- 24/7 premium customer support over the phone
- Points boost for favorite routes
- $0 delivery fee for 3 UberEats orders
Moreover, riders must note that points redemption options vary by market and change periodically.
What are the other elite status levels?
The tiered membership program, launched in 2018, has a total of four elite status tiers. These are Blue, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.
- You require no points to qualify for Blue.
- To obtain Gold, you will need 500 points or more. You can redeem these points against Choice Rewards, priority customer support, and flexible ride cancellations
- You unlock Platinum by earning 2500 points or higher. On top of access to Gold-level rewards, you can access 5x points-earning for UberX trips on one specific route. Priority pickup at airports is another exclusive perk of the status level
How do I enroll in the rewards program?
Uber’s rewards program is a free membership. However, the application does not automatically enroll you in the program. So, riders need to opt for the same via the application to start earning points for their Uber rides and UberEats orders.
- To register using the application, click on the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down, locate “Uber Rewards.”
- Tap “Join for free” and provide signup details and continue by accepting T&C of the program
- Once you are part of the membership, reward points and level points will start accruing based on a trip’s base fare and additional fees and taxes.
How do I keep my Uber Diamond status active?
Level points come with an expiration period of six months.
Each Uber rider has a six-month window (called the earning period) to achieve a certain status — Diamond in this case. The timer starts from the date you become a member of the program. As you continue to earn and upgrade your status level, you will remain at your highest-earned status for the remaining earning period and the following six months after that.