Uber Eats (formerly UberEATS) is Uber’s food delivery service. It enables customers to enjoy the same flexibility in ordering meals as while requesting a ride through Uber.
About Uber Eats
Uber Eats is an appendage of the company’s ride-share service. It offers you access to full menus of local restaurants and chain establishments while acting as a middleman between the customer and the restaurants.
The service was launched in 2014 as UberFRESH on the main Uber application. Post multiple rebranding efforts, the platform attained its present state as Uber Eats — an exclusive food delivery app. You can conveniently order a variety of food items from Uber’s restaurant partners with a few taps in the application.
Where can I place my Eats order?
You can place a meal order using the Uber Eats mobile application or the Uber Eats website. The mobile app is available on both Android and iOS. The process of food ordering on the platform is fairly straightforward. You simply need to select the restaurant of choice, items you want to eat and proceed with the checkout.
How to order food using the Uber Eats app?
- Visit the Uber Eats app. Your main Uber app account information is sufficient to log in to this app as well.
- Navigate to and tap “Search” to look for any particular restaurant of choice. You can also search for a specific cuisine or food item of choice. You can also apply in-app filters to further sort out your search results.
- Once you find the items you want to order, add them to the checkout cart and tap “ASAP” to get your order delivered immediately. You can also schedule the delivery at a later time by selecting “Schedule an order.”
- Select your payment method or add a new one and then proceed with the checkout.
Can I cancel a food delivery order?
Yes, it is possible to cancel an Eats order on the app. You can receive a refund on the canceled order if you are able to cancel it before the restaurant partner accepts your order. To cancel an order, do as follows:
- Visit your mobile application
- Go to the “Upcoming Orders” tab
- Tap “Cancel” and proceed by confirming the order cancellation.
Where is the food delivery service available currently?
The service, originally, started in the United States and is operational in 20+ cities there. Moreover, the following list enumerates some of the countries where Uber Eats is available in several cities:
- New Zealand
- Taiwan (ROC)
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Is Uber Business compatible with the app?
Yes, Uber Eats lets you place food delivery orders through a business account. You can order office meals from over 780,000 restaurant partners. In addition to ordering food, you can order drinks from restaurant menus as well on the application.
Is it possible to make cash payments for Uber Eats?
You can pay for an Eats order via cash only in select regions, say India. However, as part of Uber’s business design of offering cashless services, in most regions, you can make:
- Online payments (through debit card, credit card, online banking, etc.) or
- Use Uber Cash balance
Additionally, as of now, Uber does not accept payments in cryptocurrency for Eats orders.