Uber Eats Pass is the monthly membership program of Uber Eats that has an upfront cost of $9.99/month.
About Uber Eats Pass
Uber Eats Pass is a subscription program where subscribers can access exclusive perks for a monthly fee. The advantages of the membership include $0 delivery fees on bills of $15 and higher or $30 for grocery delivery. Moreover, Eats Pass members enjoy a 5% discount on all eligible orders. If your order basket meets the minimum order eligibility criteria, the pass discounts will automatically be applied to the cart before you check out.
How to purchase the Pass?
To purchase an Uber Eats Pass, follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the Uber Eats mobile app
- Navigate to the profile icon on the bottom menu bar
- Then, select “Join Eats Pass free.” The prompt reads “free” only for new users of the program and refers to the free trial offer.
- Subsequent prompts will require you to provide your personal information and payment details.
- Upon confirmed payment, you can start enjoying the benefits of your membership immediately.
How to check if an order is eligible for the membership benefits or not?
Your membership perks will be applicable at most local restaurants and chain establishments. Nonetheless, it must be noted that the subscription does not apply to all available restaurants. So, when choosing a restaurant, look for a green ticket icon underneath the eatery’s name. This will enable you to make a well-informed decision each time.
You can make use of the “Eats Pass filter” to find relevant merchants with the green ticket while placing an order. In the mobile app, the filter will be located at the top of the home screen. You can turn on the filter on the Eats website as well.
Does Uber provide a free trial for the pass?
Yes, first-time users can avail of a one-month free trial of Uber Eats Pass. If you do not cancel it, you will be charged for the plan at the end of the trial period.
In addition, American Express Card Members can get a complimentary subscription to Uber Eats Pass for a full year. In order to qualify for the free yearly subscription, make sure to use your Amex Consumer Card while signing up.
Can I cancel my Eats Pass subscription?
Yes, an Uber Eats Pass subscription can be canceled at any time. However, if you cancel the membership up to 24 hours ahead of the next scheduled billing date, you will not be charged for the next cycle.
- Visit the Eats mobile app and in the profile section of your account
- Select the “Eats Pass” tab
- Then, locate the “Manage membership” tab
- You can then simply tap “End membership” to proceed with the cancellation process. Note that even after the cancellation of your subscription, you will have access to Eats Pass perks until the next scheduled payment.
Where is Uber Eats Pass available?
You can avail of the benefits of an Eats Pass wherever Uber Eats is available. This includes specific cities across countries like the United States, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, France, Switzerland, New Zealand, Chile, etc.