The Uber Eats Plus Card is a physical, instant pay card provided to Uber Eats drivers to be used for “Order and Pay” deliveries.
About Uber Eats Plus Card
The Uber Eats Plus Card enables Eats delivery partners to make payments for food orders outside Uber’s Eats network. The company preloads your card with the exact order purchase amount once a customer places and pays for the order. Then, you have to contact the merchant to order the meal that the customer wants.
The card allows you to make instant payments for “Order and Pay” or “Shop and Pay” delivery requests.
What is the “Uber Eats Network?”
Uber Eats is available across 500 cities worldwide and has over 320,000 restaurant partners currently. When a customer places a meal order with one of these merchants using the Eats app, Uber directly pays the restaurant. These restaurants and chain establishments form the Uber Eats Network.
However, not every local restaurant in a region is associated with the Eats network. When a user places an order request from one such merchant, Uber’s delivery partners have to place the order at the restaurant on behalf of the customer.
How is this card beneficial for the driver?
Uber delivery partners can amplify their earnings with the Eats Plus Card as they get to access greater delivery requests. Simply put, the driver gets the flexibility to choose from available requests in their area. Also, in areas with high request volume but a sparse Uber Eats Network, a Eats Plus Card can help uncover greater earning opportunities.
Additionally, you can either physically visit the restaurant or contact and pay over the phone to place an order. This can help you save some time on such deliveries.
How do I sign up for the Uber Eats Plus Card?
The Eats Plus Card is an invite-only feature. So unless you receive an invitation from Eats, you cannot sign up for the card. The requirements to qualify for the card are unclear.
Once you receive an Uber Eats Plus invitation, you become eligible for the “Order & Pay” delivery orders. Upon signing up for these types of orders, you can place a request for the Eats Plus Card and will receive it via the mail within one week. To activate your card:
- Visit the app and locate the Account settings
- Navigate to the “Plus Card” tab
- Tap “Activate card” and proceed by punching in your card number
Upon activation of the Plus Card, you can accept “order and pay” or “shop and pay” orders and pay using the card.
How does the Eats Plus card work?
- The customer creates an order request on the app for which they select a merchant out of the Eats network
- Once the customer checks out and pays for the order, a delivery request is initiated
- The delivery partner then accepts this request
- The company proceeds to add the expected order total to their card to pay for the customer’s order
- The delivery partner can then visit the restaurant to order and pay for the requested meal. The order amount can be confirmed over the Uber application