About Uber Fleet
With Uber Fleet, you can rent your car to Uber drivers and earn money from the rental costs. The application enables Fleet owners to effectively oversee their vehicles and drivers. In addition, the program is equally beneficial for individuals who want to drive through the Uber platform but do not own a personal vehicle. Such individuals can earn money by renting a vehicle from the Uber Fleet.
How is joining Uber Fleet beneficial for a driver?
Joining Fleet enables you to drive for Uber even if you do not own a personal vehicle. So, you can make money with the basic requirement of holding a valid taxi driver’s license. Moreover, the procedure to partner with a fleet is simple and quick. The platform allows you to connect with fleets in your area, negotiate terms with the owner, and start generating income.
Furthermore, partnering with a fleet implies you can avoid the costs and hassles of:
- Getting your car licensed
- Owning a taxi operating license
- Credit inquiry
How to sign up as a driver for Uber Fleet?
To register as a driver-partner on the application, do as follows:
- Access the Uber Fleet application
- Enter your basic information and register by opting for “I want to drive, but I don’t have a car”
- You need to upload a copy of your valid professional driving license
- Once your account gets activated, log in to Fleet Match and connect with fleet partners in your chosen area
- After selecting a fleet owner to drive for and negotiating terms, the fleet owner will add you to the fleet
- Lastly, download Uber’s Driver application and start getting a ride and/or delivery requests
What is Fleet Match and is it helpful for drivers?
Fleet Match acts as a platform to connect Uber fleet partners with Uber drivers. You can use the website as a matching tool for finding a licensed vehicle to drive.
To use Fleet Match, you will need an Uber account. If you are an approved driver on the app, tap “Find a vehicle” to search for vehicles nearby. Simply click on a vehicle ad of interest to call or text the car owner. In addition, if you are unable to find any suitable vehicles at the moment, you can create a profile for fleet owners to contact you later.
When an interested fleet partner comes across your driver profile, they can share a vehicle ad with you over your profile. If you both decide to start the partnership, the owner can add you to their fleet.
How can I sign up for Fleet as a fleet owner?
The procedure to become an Uber Fleet manager is straightforward. If you wish to make optimum use of your car, follow the steps given below to become a Fleet partner on Uber:
- Sign up on the Uber application as a member with your email/phone number
- You need to register as a “Car Owner”
- Add your vehicles to the dashboard. To do so, ensure your cars meet the need for the specific tier of Uber ride mode.
- Post the initial setup, you will be able to accept drivers for your fleet
- You can opt for a daily or weekly rental fee as your portion of the trip/delivery fare
- Simply manage the cars, drivers, and your earnings using the application