Uber Greenlight is an assistance offering for Uber driver-partners. It enables drivers to physically visit an office to get help with starting up and any other issues related to driving with Uber.
About Uber Greenlight
Uber Greenlight is Uber’s in-person support service for its driver-partners provided at physical locations referred to as Greenlight Hubs. These hubs or offices were created to offer assistance to new drivers for seamless onboarding and help the rest of the drivers along the way.
Moreover, the key motive behind introducing Greenlight Hubs by Uber was to alleviate the frustration of driver-partners to some extent over inadequate support from the company.
What to expect at an Uber Greenlight hub?
When visiting a Greenlight office, make sure to carry all necessary documents which may include:
- Documents related to your association with Uber
- Vehicle documents like car registration papers
- Any document relevant to the issue you are facing
- Your valid driver’s license.
Also, when availing of the Greenlight service, you can expect:
- Help with uploading your documents to become an Uber driver
- Answers to queries related to the application with adequate demos
- Assistance with signing up for new promotions
- Solutions to fare and payment related queries
- Assistance for resolution of miscellaneous problems pertaining to your ride-share driving experience
Where is Uber Greenlight available?
Uber Greenlight locations are available throughout all major metropolitan cities where Uber provides its services in. So, you can check the availability of a local hub by visiting Uber’s website.
- Simply go to the website’s “Drive” section and navigate to the “Help” option
- Navigate to the “For Partners” option from the menu
- Tap “Select a city” to locate your city
- Then, in the search bar, enter the keyword “Greenlight” or “in-person help”
- You can now view multiple articles pertaining to the keyword you entered. Pick a relevant article to view
- The subsequent webpage will provide you with details regarding your local Uber Greenlight offices
Additionally, another way to look for Greenlight hubs in your area is to visit the “Drive” section and then find the “Contact” tab. So, upon scrolling a little you will be able to locate the “Greenlight Locations” header which has a list of locations where Uber Greenlight is available in your region.
Do I have to book an appointment before visiting a Greenlight location?
Currently, given the COVID-19 pandemic, driver-partners are required to make an appointment for in-person support at Uber Greenlight locations. Nonetheless, earlier it was possible to simply walk into the Greenlight location during its specific operating hours. So as situations return to normalcy, you can expect the restoration of normal walk-in appointments at these centers.
How to check the availability of an appointment slot?
You can check the availability of a slot via the app to book an appointment in advance before visiting an Uber Greenlight location.
- Go to the Uber Driver mobile app
- Locate and select the “Help” tab
- Navigate to the “Book an in-person appointment” button after selecting a location of your choice
- Choose the problem that best suits your situation from the list to receive assistance
- Then, you can now pick a date and time for the appointment that suits you
- Finally, provide your contact details and click “Submit.” You will receive a confirmatory email from Uber upon successfully booking an appointment.