Uber’s B2B medical transportation service is referred to as Uber Health. The offering caters to non-emergency patient transportation.
About Uber Health
Launched in 2018, Uber Health is a platform offering comfortable and reliable transportation for patients. The service is particularly designed by the ride-hailing company for healthcare professionals to order rides on behalf of their patients and clients for medical care appointments.
Hospitals, local clinics, and rehab centers are the target organizations of Uber Health. Small practices and care providers lacking their own transport facilities can also benefit from creating patient-friendly experiences with Uber Health.
The service is based on a centralized dashboard that is compliant with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. The offering acts as a more cost-efficient way than the traditional transportation of medical care passengers to and from the care of healthcare facilities. However, you must not treat it as a replacement for traditional ambulances.
What are some features of Health?
- The offering’s dashboard allows flexible scheduling and rescheduling and rides. You can schedule Uber trips for patients up to 30 days in advance.
- Real-time tracking of departures and arrivals encourages greater operational efficiencies within healthcare organizations.
- A transparent pricing model and consolidated billing data as a single monthly bill allow cost-efficiency while ensuring ease of use.
- The offering is based on text messages to allow seamless coordination. So, the rider can hail the ride even if they do not have the Uber app or even a smartphone.
- Uber makes sure all data of patient trips are stored on HIPAA-compliant servers and client-side servers only.
- It is available 24/7 throughout countries where the service is available and thus, removes barriers to adequate medical supervision.
- The seamless API functionality of the product allows hassle-free integration of the service within the organization’s existing healthcare systems.
How does Uber Health work?
Health by Uber focuses on helping patients get to and from their medical appointments and other medical procedures. The medical care facility can employ the service by following a simple three-step procedure to request rides for their patients and medical staff.
- An associate from your healthcare organization has to access the Uber Health dashboard to book or schedule a trip.
- Upon confirmation of the ride-booking, the rider receives a text message or call enlisting the details of the trip. The trip driver initiates communication again when they are on their way to the pickup location.
- The ride picks up the rider from their location and drop them off at the facility without the need for any additional actions on any end.
Where is this service offering available?
The company has no specific list on its website listing the availability of the service. So, you cannot check the same over your city’s webpage for the list of ride offerings. However, creating an account on the Uber Health website can help you find the accessibility of this non-emergency medical transportation service in your region.
Is this offerings available over the Uber app?
No, you cannot access Uber Health over the standard Uber mobile application. This service is available only via health.uber.com. The design of the website complies with HIPAA standards and offers a comprehensive platform for scheduling and tracking rides for medical appointments and follow-ups.