Uber Hourly is Uber’s ride-share offering that enables you to request a ride by the hour. Simply put, it is a trip option letting you request multiple stops in a single trip.
About Uber Hourly
Uber Hourly is an exclusive ride category for riders who want to book an Uber for a set number of hours. The minimum time window for an Hourly trip is two hours. To ensure a top-class trip experience, the only two categories available in this hourly ride version are:
- Uber Black Hourly
- Uber Premier Hourly
So you get access to top-rated professional drivers and comfortable on-demand rides in premium vehicles with Hourly. The hourly service is ideal for running errands without having to request a new vehicle at each destination. It is available during the day and night and thus can transport riders at all times within Uber’s service area of the city.
How long can my Uber Hourly trip last?
Riders can book a trip for up to eight hours. Post the eight-hour window, the trip will automatically end in the app. Also, two hours is the minimum duration for this trip variant. The waiting time and time spent at stops are included in the ride time itself.
To begin your trip, you can add a maximum of two intermediate stoppage destinations. Moreover, you can alter/ update the stop addresses and destination anytime in-app while the trip is in progress.
How to request an Hourly trip?
- Open your Uber mobile application
- Key in your destination address in the “Where to?” field
- Confirm your pickup address and swipe to view vehicle options
- Select “Hourly” to proceed
- Confirm that you understand the basic pricing mechanism of the service and proceed to punch in the hours and distance requested
- Then, add the intermediate stops (a maximum of 2). You can change your stops on the go as well
- Conclude by confirming the trip
Once the app confirms your trip, you can contact your driver through phone or in-app text to confirm their availability for your desired stops and time. It is advisable to use in-app text to provide any instructions during the trip, including changes to the set itinerary or waiting times.
Can I schedule an Hourly ride for later?
No, Hourly is not yet available in the scheduled trip variant. What’s more, this service is not available for locations outside the designated Uber general service area and airports as well. It is essentially an on-demand intra-city service.
How does pricing work for Hourly?
For Uber’s Hourly ride option, the rider is charged a flat-rate or fixed base fare. The charge is based upon the calculated distance and duration of the trip rounded up to the nearest hour.
Surcharges and tolls apply to the total trip fares, if active. As you have to key in the number of hours for your trip, you will be charged the minimum fare based on the hours estimated even if the trip ends earlier. Any overage will be charged if the trip duration exceeds the selected distance. It is based on a per-mile rate specified in the app.
Moreover, a cancellation fee is applicable in the case of:
- A cancellation request is made 5 minutes after the driver arrives at the pickup spot
- If the driver has to cancel the trip request due to the unavailability of the rider at the pickup spot 5 minutes after their arrival