Uber Rent is Uber’s mobility service that allows you to reserve a third-party rental car directly with the Uber app. Also, Uber Rent is a different service from Uber Rental.
About Uber Rent
Uber Rent lets the rider reserve a car from third-party rental companies like Hertz, Enterprise, and Avis. The Uber application helps you get the best vehicle selection, prices, and rewards. This service is ideal for when you are planning a vacation getaway over the weekend or going out to the town for the day with your friends.
The service is currently available in select cities only and you can check for its availability in your area over your Uber mobile application.
What are the advantages of renting a car with Uber Rent?
Renting a vehicle with this Uber product comes with multiple perks, including:
- The flexibility to search and compare offerings from top rental brands over a single platform
- You get to reserve a rental car at any time — make reservation months in advance or book on the day of your trip. The minimum reservation period is 2 hours before the pickup
- Exercise even more control over your trip with a flexible zero-charge cancellation policy
- Get additional purchase options such as child seats, express check-ins, GPS, etc.
- Uber Valet — you can get your rented vehicle at your doorstep instead of having to go to the rental car counter
- Make a request for an additional driver for a small fee
- Your vehicle with come with an auto insurance and the third-party rental companies also cover car maintenance
- You have access to a digital rental agreement which you can view while making the reservation
- The option to use Uber Cash for prepaying for the rental car by setting a budget
How are Uber Rent and Uber Rental different?
The primary difference between Uber Rent and Uber Rental is the absence of a driver-partner. When you request a Rental ride, your rented vehicle will be accompanied by a driver. However, with Uber Rent, you need to drive the vehicle on your own.
Moreover, the two services differ in terms of payment modes, fares of the trip, and trip durations. With Uber Rental, you can reserve a vehicle for up to 12 hours at most. However, Rent by Uber allows you to make trips of any duration, say a week, and the minimum rental period is 1 day.
What are the requirements to book a Rent vehicle?
In order to book with Uber Rent, the customer must be 21 years or older with a valid driver’s license. Also, although it is not mandatory, you must make the reservation with a credit card. You can choose a different payment method to pay for your ride later on.
How do I pay for this service?
Paying for an Uber Rent booking is straightforward. You can make an upfront payment using Uber Cash or pay at the rental desk while picking up the vehicle. You can make use of any form of payment to pay for the rental car, including credit cards and debit cards. Uber advises you to take your credit card along while picking up the car.