Uber Reserve is Uber’s paid ride scheduling option enabling riders to order trips up to 30 days in advance. The company has expanded the scope of this service by including a variety of economical and premium ride-share product options in the mix.
About Uber Reserve
Uber has been letting its users request trips in advance since 2016. So Uber Reserve is not an entirely new concept for Uber users. However, using Reserve allows customers to be matched with a driver two hours ahead of the scheduled pickup and an upfront fare. This acts as the key differentiator between the earlier advanced booking feature and Reserve.
Customers can schedule trip requests anywhere from 2 hours in advance to 30 days prior to the trip. The ride-share products available for the service include:
- UberVAN or Uber Berline in the Premium ride range
- UberX, Uber XL, or Comfort in the Economy ride range
This service is not available for Uber Black Hourly and Premier Hourly as of now.
Moreover, the Reserve offering is advantageous for the driver-partners as well. It offers them the opportunity to enjoy greater flexibility with their schedule by supplementing on-demand trips with Uber Reserve trips.
What are the key features of this service?
- The app will assign a driver for your trip two hours before the assigned pickup time. This upfront driver assignment comes with a service fee which varies depending on the market and ranges from $8 to $12.
- Your driver will become available on the app up to 40 minutes before the scheduled start time and you can leverage up to 15 minutes of waiting time without any additional costs.
- You get to set ride preferences, including your preferences related to the temperature presets and if you’d like to have a conversation during the ride or not.
- You can select your “Favorite Driver” for your trip while requesting a Reserve ride. However, you may not always get matched with the chosen driver due to availability challenges. Also, this feature is exclusively available over Android in select cities only.
How to request a ride with this offering?
You can book an Uber Reserve ride by following the steps given below:
- Open the Uber app
- Navigate to the “Reserve” option on the home screen
- Tap “Reserve a ride”
- Now, choose a date and a time for the ride and continue by providing your pickup and destination locations
- Set up the reservation by tapping the “Confirm” banner
Alternatively, you can visit the official Uber website and create a ride reservation. Go to Ride > Scroll to find the “Reserve” option > Specify a date and time > Enter the pickup and drop-off addresses > Tap “Reserve” to confirm.
How much does a trip cost with Uber Reserve?
You can view estimated trip fares at the time of scheduling trips with Reserve. The app calculates the ride fare estimated by taking into consideration the chosen ride-share product type, its base fare, and a booking fee.
Is there a cancellation fee associated with Uber Reserve trips?
No, you can cancel a Reserve ride request free of charge up to an hour before the scheduled start time. Any cancellations made within an hour of the pickup time will incur a cancellation fee to the rider. The fee charged can either be the ride’s estimated price or the ride’s minimum fare (varies based on the type of reservation made).