Uber Technologies is a San Francisco headquartered company providing mobility as a service (MaaS).
About Uber Technologies
Founded in 2009, Uber Technologies is an American company operating in more than 10,000 cities across 70 countries around the globe. The company offers a suite of technology product offerings with the intent of transforming how communities move around the world.
Nevertheless, Uber Technologies is popularly known as the world’s largest ride-sharing company.
What are some of the services of Uber Technologies?
Uber’s disruptive technology lets the company power multiple prominent apps, products, and other offerings.
- Uber offers on-demand ride options over its multisided platforms by connecting independent ride services providers with people looking for rides.
- On-demand food delivery via Uber Eats: The company has established a service to connect consumers with grocers and restaurants via independent delivery service providers.
- Uber Driver app: This offering is exclusively for the organization’s driver-partners and delivery-partners
- Uber for Business enables businesses to streamline the way their employees, clients, and customers access Uber.
- Same-day delivery services like Uber Connect allow the company’s users to leverage on-demand delivery of their packages and couriers.
- Public transit over the primary Uber application (referred to as Uber Transit) is in line with the company’s commitment to sustainability and becoming a zero-emission platform by 2040.
- Uber Freight connects shippers and carriers for freight transportation
- Uber’s micro-mobility solutions include motorized scooters and electric bicycle rentals
- Uber Elevate is Uber’s futuristic ‘sky taxi’ service aiming to make electric air vehicle ride-share services a reality
- Moreover, enabling healthcare providers to remove barriers from the transportation of non-emergency medical care patients with Uber Health
The range of offerings by Uber Technologies is immense — from offering rides between point A and point B to making public transportation more equitable and accessible with Uber Transit.
Who is currently leading Uber Technologies?
Presently, Dara Khosrowshahi is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Uber Technologies. He is responsible for leading a global team of over 22,000 employees. He was formerly the CEO of Expedia. Expedia is a world-class online travel company.
Does Uber own vehicles for its ride-hailing services?
No, Uber Technologies does not own any vehicles for its ride-share offering. Instead, the company works in tandem with independent drivers and connects them with users looking for a ride.
For each ride-share booking, Uber earns a certain commission out of the ride fare. So, this makes it a beneficial association for all parties involved as Uber lets its driver-partners leverage a seamless platform to access the largest network of active riders.
In which countries does Uber offer its services?
You can avail of the company’s product offerings in over 70 countries worldwide. You can visit Uber’s official website to check the availability of its services in your region. So, here are some countries across which Uber Technologies is currently operational:
- African countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, and Ghana
- Asian countries — India, Bangladesh, Japan, Sri Lanka, etc.
- Some European nations, including Austria, Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Spain, Norway, United Kingdom, etc.
- New Zealand
- Middle Eastern countries including Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Lebanon, UAE, etc.
- North American countries — USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, etc.
- South and Central American countries like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Peru
In most of these countries, Uber Technologies offers its complete suite of services, including ride-hailing, meal and grocery delivery, micro-mobility services, freight transportation, public transportation, package and courier deliveries, rental services, etc.