UberX is Uber’s standard, economy ride option. It is a low-cost riding alternative with all the perks of commuting with Uber — on-demand commuting, monitoring the vehicle before its arrival, details of the driver and vehicle, and safety.
You can select UberX on n-number of occasions, including your everyday work commutes, errand runs, night outs in the town, a ride to the airport, doctor’s appointment, or simply city exploration on your day off.
How do I ride with UberX?
- Visit the Uber application and in the “Where to?” field, enter your drop-off location. The app auto-detects your pick-up location via GPS. You can, however, edit it if required.
- Now, simply select “UberX” from the list of available ride types.
- Select your payment method. If you choose Uber Cash, you will be automatically charged once you arrive at the designated location.
- Like your regular Uber rides, your app will reflect driver and vehicle details upon confirmation of your ride.
- Upon the arrival of the vehicle, board it after cross-checking the vehicle details.
- The driver already has the directions to the fastest route to your destination. However, feel free to request an alternative route, if needed.
Can a family of 6 travel via an UberX?
Unfortunately, the company allows only 1 to 4 passengers on an UberX ride as the vehicles are typically sedans such as Toyota Prius, Honda Accord. That is 1 passenger in the front seat and up to 3 in the rear seats of the vehicle. If you are looking for a ride for up to 6 people, the company suggests booking UberXL (however, it costs more).
What is “Schedule for Later” for?
As the name suggests, Uber allows its users to reserve a ride well in advance, up to 30 days. You can simply enter your pick-up location and destination, choose the date of travel, and the time of the ride to confirm your reservation.
The “Schedule for Later” option allows the user to finalize the conveyance part of their journey ahead of time.
How do I select between the different Uber rides?
Uber has different ride types catering to the needs of different passengers. If you feel like going to work on a luxury vehicle, say a BMW sedan, go with Uber Black. It is the company’s luxury vehicle service and the most expensive alternative as well.
Nonetheless, your selection of the ride type will be governed by factors such as the number of passengers, fare estimates, and availability of the vehicle in your locality. Uber’s efficient application allows you to view all these factors at large while you are booking a ride.
Is UberX the most affordable option?
Technically, no. Booking an UberX will cost you more than UberPOOL. However, the latter is a carpooling option i.e., you will be sharing your ride with other passengers too. Also, it is not consistently available across all locations.
So, UberX is the cheapest option available for private rides. Moreover, you can always take a look at the app’s fare estimator to compare the prices before finalizing your ride for the day.