Uber ride-sharing services rely on technology, and both customers and drivers use the Smartphone or mobile app. Drivers and partners without cars can offer their taxi driving services in various cities around the world. The services are flexible and those who offer their taxis can delete Uber driver account using online services.
The Uber app can also be used by drivers and partners to delete their personal Uber driver account.
The account is initially deactivated after the driver submits the deletion request along with a message specifying the exact reasons for quitting.
Uber initially deactivates the account and provides a window of 30 days or 1 month before the account is permanently deleted.
How to Delete Uber Driver Account
Uber drivers can quit their taxi lending or partnership or drive services using the Mobile App or Online services. The following sequence of steps have to be implemented for successful deactivation of the Uber Driver account –
- First, you have to open the Uber app on your Smartphone or mobile device.
- Make sure you are logged in to your driver’s account.
- Fill in the email id or mobile number and password details for login.
- After that, Tap the 3 horizontal lines menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- Swipe the screen and chose the ‘Help’ menu at the bottom
- Scroll down and tap the link ‘Account and Payment’
- On the next screen select the ‘Account Settings and Ratings’ link.
- Scroll down the next screen and chose ‘Delete my Uber account’
- On the confirmation page, first, fill in the letters ‘Yes’
- Specify the reason as to why you want to delete Uber driver account in the ‘Share details’ field.
- Finally, you have to tap the ‘Submit’ button to forward the request.
- The account is deactivated with immediate effect.
Uber permanently deletes your driver account within the next 30 days.
How to Delete Uber Driver Account Using the Web
You can get online on the computer or laptop and delete Uber driver account using the following details. Make sure you enter the official website for your specific country such as USA, UK, etc.,
- First, you have to open the official Uber portal at the following link-https://www.uber.com/
- Select the ‘Sign In’ link at the top right corner of the page and log in.
- After that, Click the ‘Help’ link at the top of the homepage.
- Select or highlight the ‘FOR DRIVERS’ link on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and click the link ‘More’ below the ‘Account and Payment options’.
- On the next page, scroll down to the end and click ‘Delete my Uber account’.
- Confirm your request for account deactivation by filling in ‘Yes’.
- Provide feedback message in the ‘Share details’ field.
- Specify the exact reason as to why you want to delete Uber driver account.
Uber processes your deactivation request and sends a confirmation email.