Uber premium is the newest and updated ride option available on the app to provide you with the option to travel in style. It enables you to book all the luxury cars with added features to make your ride comfortable. This option will replace all the previous premium features such as :
It is not a case of the app not providing these services anymore. It is only revamping the app to include all these options under the same option.
You will still get all the high-end services offered and more. Even services such as Elevated comfort and style, extended pick up periods and even personalized rides can be accessed on Uber premium.
It also offers revised luxury vehicle list, experienced drivers and other features.
How Uber Premium Starts
Uber has decided to revamp the premium option of its application. This comes after feedback from drivers and customers alike.
Feedback given by the users of the app suggested that due to certain reasons, the premium features offers were not available.
The features offers under the Premium section were not always delivered.
This was an issue that was taken up immediately at the highest level. As a solution, we now have Uber premium at our disposal.
Therefore today we will tell you everything you need to know about the newest change in your favorite cab service.
Which cars come under Uber premium
As you can guess, only the high-end cars will come under the Uber prime sections. A few of the cars which come under it as listed below.
- Audi: A3, A4, A6, A7, A8, S3, S4, S5, S6, S8, Sq5, Q3, Q5, Q7
- BMW: 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, M3, M5, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6
- Jaguar: XF, XJ, X-type, S-type
- Mercedes-Benz: C, CL, CLS, CLA, E, G, GL, GLA, GLK, GLC , GLE M, ML
- Cadillac: XTS, ATS, CTS, DTS Escalade, SRS, STS
- Volvo: S60, S80, S90, XC60, XC90
- Kia: K900, Cadenza
- Toyota: Avalon, Land cruiser and sequoia
- Volkswagen Touareg
- Hyundai Genesis, Equus, Azera
- Porsche Macan, Cayenne, Panamera
- Tesla Model S, Model X Model 3
- Nissan Armada, Maxima
And some other luxury cars are listed under Uber Premium. These cars offer extreme comfort and style. Adding the extra touch of class to your travel.
Price structure of Premium services
The price of Uber premium is approximately 1.8 times that of an UberX in your area. However, the price is divided into 3 major sections.
- The base price : Which is the minimum price to book an Uber premium. Unlike other Ride options, even the base price depends on the location you want to travel to. On an average, the base rates will be between $1 to $2.
- Price per Mile : Similar to the base price, the price per mile is also 1.8 times the going Uberx rates. Once calculated, this should come up to around $3.5 per Mile.
- Surge Prices : You do have fixed prices for the rides in Uber. They are subject to change. This change depends on the Surge hours. Surge hours are basically the busy hours of the day.
Countries in which Premium services available
Most Developed countries have Uber Premium. There are also a number of developing and smaller countries where you can get this option.
The list of countries where this option is available is increasing by the day. A few of the well-known countries where you find this ride option are
- New Zealand
- South Africa
And many more. It is very likely that Uber premium is available in your current location.
Difference between premium and Normal Uber
As you can tell from all the information already spoken about, there are many things different about Uber premium from the Normal Uber ride. Here are a few important differences.
- Range of cars : Uber Premium offers a range of Luxury cars only. You cannot book a low-end car for your ride using this option. Whereas with a normal ride, it is the exact opposite. You cannot book a high-end car for your ride.
- Price : By default, the price difference is one to notice. You will find a great difference between the prices of the 2 types of rides. The normal rides are much cheaper compared to a Premium ride. But at the same time, a premium ride is more comfortable
- Incentives to drives :Premium gives more incentives to drivers. As a premium driver you make more money from each ride. You also get a range of attractive incentives too.
- Personalization : Premium rides are made for the customers. You can customize and personalize your ride to get the best experience from your travel. Various options like WiFi, Silent rides, etc. are provided under this option.
Therefore Uber premium has been introduced to provide actual premium experience to the users. The article gives you all the basic information you need to know about Uber premium. Thus any user can avail the services of it If available in your location