Uber Driver is a mobile application for Uber’s ride-share drivers and Eats delivery partners.
About Uber Driver
The Uber Driver application is a unified platform for Uber drivers. It is loaded with several high-quality features to make the driving experience seamless and more fruitful. Drivers get to benefit from the below-mentioned in-app features:
- Prompts to accept customer requests with a simple “swipe” gesture
- A map to navigate through the city. The app also offers adequate directions to your destination
- An earnings tracking dashboard
- Alerts for upcoming promotional events, nearby earning opportunities, new app features, and other vital announcements
- Offline access to starting and concluding trips and order deliveries, in case of loss of network service and/or internet connectivity
- Uber delivery partners can navigate to “Boost” areas through the app and make extra cash
- The “trip planner” option enables drivers to plan out their day efficiently by providing access to a variety of account information with just a tap
Do I qualify as an Uber driver?
Uber has a set of requirements for anyone who wants to drive with Uber.
To qualify as an Uber ride-share driver or delivery partner, you must be aged 18 or above and undergo a background screening. Additionally, it is fundamental to hold a valid driver’s license. Also, among other documents, you will need proper documentation of your vehicle, including a vehicle registration certificate and working auto insurance.
What is the “Opportunities nearby” prompt on the app?
The Uber Driver application has a feature that enables drivers to find high-volume locations. The app alerts the user by providing details of where to drive for more trips. The app will also send alerts when you are in a “busy area.” The primary idea is to enable the driver-partners to maximize their earnings by moving them to areas with greater expected trip requests.
The driver-partner can simply tap on the in-app map and locate regions with more trip requests from Uber customers. The app will guide them to the nearby high request density location. Also, note that this feature is available only for ride-share drivers.
Does the Uber Driver app keep a record of my earnings?
Yes, the Driver application comes with a personalized dashboard that can help you track your earnings. This feature allows you to view a consolidated summary of your earnings. You can check your earnings after each trip as well. So, to track your earnings, follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the Uber Driver app
- On your map screen, navigate to the “Fare” icon
- Now, you can simply swipe your screen to look at your daily and weekly earnings
Do delivery partners have access to “Trip Planner?”
No. Uber delivery partners cannot access “Trip Planner” as of now but the company plans on introducing the feature soon. As for ride-share drivers, the feature can be accessed from the map screen. Additionally, it enables the driver to view promotions and set trip preferences at one place, among others.
Where can I find the app?
You can download the application from Google Play Store for Android devices or Apple App Store for iOS. And, it is readily available across countries and regions.