Uber is a ride request service that includes a technological platform for communication between the driver and the rider. The Uber App has become immensely popular around the world, and research estimates say that more than 40 million people ride on Uber every month.
The company generates its own reports on users, drivers, and revenue for improving the quality of service in different countries.
Apart from the flagship Uber Black, the company is also famous for UberX and UberXL services. Keen observers of the ride-sharing services have noticed the UberX vs UberXL options, and they conclude that both the services are suitable and comfortable for regular commuters in cities and towns.
Basic Difference Between UberX and UberXL
Uber started its pioneering ride request App by targeting the up-scale market with chauffeurs, limousines and luxury rides in black BMWs. Since then the company diversified and has started many other services including ride shares through Uber X and Uber XL. As the name suggests.
The XL service is relatively costlier due to larger sized car models. More numbers of commuters can request the XL as compared to Uber X, which can fit in around 4 riders in the subcompact sedans.
The significant factor in the UberX vs UberXL comparison is qualitative as well a quantitative.
The company promotes and markets the XL service as “premium”, and the riders have to share the seats in larger SUVs and higher quality sedans.
UberX vs UberXL Comparison
- Uber X service is economic and the ride includes 4 commuters who pay the relatively low fare as compared to a taxi. The XL commute includes 6 riders, a bigger car, and the fare is relatively higher when compared to Uber X.
- The popular models in the Uber X service include Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Maserati, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Sonata, and other similar cars. The premium XL service has to seat more riders, and larger capacity models such as Audi Q7, Ford Explorer, Honda Odyssey, Nissan Armada, Toyota Highlander, etc., are eligible. The XL service in some parts of the world also includes SUVs, jeeps, and mini-vans.
- The Uber XL is situated somewhere in between the budget option of UberX and the luxury style Limo or Black SUV service. Both Uber X and XL are on-demand services, and their price equation includes base fare, per-minute and per-mile fares, etc.,
- A standard fare is charged for every Uber ride, and this base fare is higher for the Uber XL as compared to Uber X option, but shared ride implies splitting the costs between the group.
- The driver requirements are identical for Uber X and XL options, and the background checks and licensing requirements are taken into consideration by Uber while selecting the eligible car models.
- Uber is a technological company that expands its market reach through innovative services, and the App has advanced features to facilitate quicker requests for both the Uber X and Uber Xl rides.
- The higher fare estimate for Uber XL rides is due to the higher costs of cancellation and service, along with higher base and minimum fares in the price equation.