Uber Rewards is a loyalty program that rewards riders for using the Uber platform. It offers benefits such as discounts on rides, upgrades to premium products, and priority support. There is no official end date for the program, and it is expected to continue indefinitely.
However, Uber may make changes to the program, including adjustments to the rewards structure, earning and redemption options, and eligibility criteria. The program is free to join and is available in select cities around the world.
To participate in the program, riders must sign up for an Uber account and opt into the rewards program. Once enrolled, riders earn points for every eligible dollar spent on rides, Uber Eats, and other qualifying purchases. As riders accumulate points, they can unlock different levels of rewards, such as Gold, Platinum, and Diamond, each with its own set of benefits.
Some of the benefits of the Uber Rewards program include priority airport pickups, access to highly rated drivers, flexible cancellations, and price protection on a set route. The program is designed to reward frequent riders and provide added value to the Uber experience.
How to join the uber rewards program?
To join the Uber Rewards program, you will need to have an Uber account. If you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up for one on the Uber website or through the Uber app. Here are the steps to join the Uber Rewards program:
- Open the Uber app and go to the menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “Uber Rewards” from the menu.
- If you are not already enrolled in the program, you will see an option to “Join for Free.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enroll in the program and start earning points.
Once you have joined the Uber Rewards program, you will begin earning points for every eligible dollar you spend on Uber rides and Uber Eats orders. As you accumulate points, you will move up through the program’s different tiers (Gold, Platinum, and Diamond), unlocking different rewards and benefits at each level. Keep in mind that the Uber Rewards program is not available in all cities, so make sure to check if it is available in your area before signing up.
How long do Uber reward points last?
Uber Reward points have an expiration date, which can vary depending on the level of rewards you have achieved. Here’s what you need to know:
- Gold: Points expire after 6 months of inactivity. Inactivity is defined as not earning or redeeming points during a 6-month period.
- Platinum: Points expire after 12 months of inactivity.
- Diamond: Points expire after 18 months of inactivity.
Inactivity is defined as not earning or redeeming points during the applicable time period. You will receive a notification when your points are close to expiring, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on your account and use your points before they expire.
It’s also worth noting that any points you earn from a ride or Uber Eats order will typically be added to your account within 48 hours of the completed trip or delivery. However, in some cases, it may take up to 72 hours for points to be added. If you think you are missing points, you can contact Uber support for assistance.
How to get more uber rewards points
There are several ways to get more Uber Rewards points:
- Use Uber frequently: You can earn Uber Rewards points for every ride you take on Uber. The more you ride, the more points you can earn.
- Use Uber Eats: You can also earn Uber Rewards points for every Uber Eats order you place. This is a great way to earn points even if you don’t use Uber for transportation.
- Sign up for Uber Credit Card: The Uber Credit Card allows you to earn extra points on Uber rides, Uber Eats orders, and other purchases. You can redeem these points for Uber credits, cashback, or gift cards.
- Refer friends: You can earn Uber Rewards points by referring your friends to Uber. When your friends sign up and take their first ride, you will receive a bonus of Uber Rewards points.
- Take advantage of promotions: Uber occasionally offers promotions that allow you to earn extra Uber Rewards points. Keep an eye out for these promotions and take advantage of them when they’re available.
Remember to check the Uber Rewards program terms and conditions to stay informed of the most updated rules and requirements.
What are the levels of uber rewards?
Uber Rewards has four membership levels: Blue, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.
- Blue: This is the entry-level and all Uber users are automatically enrolled in the Blue level. You can earn 1 point for every eligible dollar spent on UberPool, Express Pool, UberEats, and UberX.
- Gold: Once you earn 500 points, you will be promoted to the Gold level. Gold members can earn 1.5 points for every eligible dollar spent on UberX, UberXL, Uber Select, and UberWAV.
- Platinum: Once you earn 2,500 points, you will be promoted to the Platinum level. Platinum members can earn 2 points for every eligible dollar spent on Uber Black, Uber Black SUV, and Uber Comfort.
- Diamond: Once you earn 7,500 points, you will be promoted to the Diamond level. Diamond members can earn 3 points for every eligible dollar spent on Uber Black, Uber Black SUV, and Uber Comfort. Additionally, Diamond members receive premium support, priority pickups at airports, and complimentary ride upgrades.
Note that the point earning and redemption rates may vary by city and ride option, so be sure to check the Uber Rewards program terms and conditions for the most updated information.
Do Uber Platinum drivers make more money?
Uber Platinum is a membership level in the Uber Rewards program, which is designed to reward frequent users of the Uber app with benefits and perks. While drivers do not earn different rates of pay based on their passengers’ Uber Rewards levels, some Uber drivers may benefit from Platinum-level riders.
One of the benefits of the Platinum level is that riders get priority support from Uber. This means that if a Platinum-level rider encounters any issues with their ride, they are more likely to get help quickly and efficiently. If a driver provides a good experience to a Platinum-level rider, it may result in a better rating and potentially more tips. Also, Platinum-level riders are more likely to take longer and more expensive trips, so if a driver has a lot of Platinum-level riders, they may make more money overall.
However, it is important to note that Uber driver earnings are primarily based on factors such as the number of rides they complete, the distance and time of the ride, the type of ride requested by the passenger, and the demand for rides in their area. So while Platinum-level riders may provide some potential benefits to drivers, it is not a guaranteed increase in earnings.