Uber Voucher is an Uber program that enables individuals and businesses to cover the costs of rides or meals on Uber. Vouchers are ideal for rewarding employees, enhancing customer satisfaction, or delighting your friends.
About Uber Voucher
Uber Vouchers are ideal for businesses to pay for the rides and Uber Eats orders of employees, clients, and customers. Likewise, individuals, in cases of events and parties, can utilize an Uber Voucher to cover the meals and rides of their friends, family members, and other guests.
Vouchers provide you the freedom and flexibility to customize rides or meal options to the unique requirements of each employee or guest. You will only be charged for the amount used by the beneficiaries.
Moreover, you can create vouchers within minutes and send a unique link to recipients via email, text, and other mediums. With just a few taps, the recipient of the voucher can redeem it.
Is an Uber Voucher the same as a gift card?
An Uber Voucher is somewhat similar to an Uber Gift Card. However, vouchers are ideal for distributing Uber credit to friends/clients/guests and pay only for meals ordered and/or rides taken. On the contrary, gift cards allow you to purchase Uber credits and give them to another individual for them to use the credits whenever they want.
Furthermore, you can set an expiration date for vouchers and even specify the time period for redeeming the same.
So, with Uber Vouchers, you only pay for the amount used. It is advisable to invest in vouchers for events and parties as they make up for a more economical alternative.
What are the different types of Uber Vouchers?
Uber currently allows you to create three different types of vouchers to suit your unique needs. You can pick from:
- An all-encompassing voucher for all Uber products
- Vouchers for Uber Eats
- Vouchers for rides
Each Uber Voucher can be redeemed for a discounted meal (amount toward total or percentage off) or credit (say, total value or per-trip coverage) to be used on Uber rides or meals at scale.
How to create an Uber Voucher?
Creating an Uber Voucher requires you to follow some simple steps.
- On the Uber website, sign up or sign in to the Vouchers dashboard.
- Then, tap “Create new voucher.”
- You can choose from the types of vouchers you want to create.
- Key in the voucher name for the campaign.
- Set a start and end date for the campaign to proceed. You can specify a time frame of up to 6 months in the future.
- Now, provide details such as the discount type, number of vouchers you want, number of meal and/or ride orders per voucher, etc.
- Select “Continue” to proceed with link distribution. You can choose to provide details of the recipients or distribute the links yourself to the beneficiaries.
- Then, take a final look at your Uber Voucher campaign and select “Finalize campaign” once satisfied.
Is it possible to receive a refund for unused prepaid Uber Vouchers?
Yes, you can get a refund for a prepaid Uber Vouchers campaign before the campaign ends.
You have to cancel the active vouchers campaign and the platform will automatically generate a refund for all the unused vouchers at the end of the campaign. You can expect the refunded amount to reflect in your bank account within 10 business days.
However, note that if you cancel a voucher campaign, all unused vouchers, including the ones that you have already distributed will also become void.