Uber application has the ability to monitor your account for any suspicious activities. You should add 2 step verification in Uber. If someone else is accessing your uber account they may need an additional security check to access your account.
- A 2 step verification in Uber application can be added to your account to keep your account safe and secure.
- You can follow the steps given below to add a 2 step verification in the Uber application.
Steps to add 2 step verification in Uber:
1. Open Uber application: First of all, open your uber application on your android device. Make sure you are logged in your uber account if not login to your uber account.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines: Now you will see three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the page. Just tap on them and a sidebar will be opened with a number of options on it. For example, Your trips, Help and etc.
3. Tap on Settings: You will see a settings option at the end. It will enable you to access the settings of your uber account.
4. Go to Security: Finally, you can tap on the Security option which will help you to control tour account’s security and help to add 2 step verification.
5. Tap on 2 step verification: Now you will see 2-step verification option on the security page. Just tap on it and then tap on the Setup now option which will be present at the bottom of the page.
6. Enter your Password: Enter your uber account password in the box given. If you don’t remember your password just tap on the “I forgot my password” option to reset the Uber password, which is present just below the password box.
7. Select Preferred method: You can choose a third-party application, for example, Duo Mobile or Google Authentication or you can go with the text authentication.
Hence, you have finally set up your 2 step verification in Uber. As a result, a text message will be sent to the registered mobile number if you choose the text method for authentication before anyone log-in to your account. If you are using any third-party application like Duo Mobile or Google Authentication. You will get a prompt notification on the respective application.