An Uber Gift Card is essentially Uber Credits or Uber Cash that are redeemable against Uber or Uber Eats orders.
About Uber Gift Card
An Uber gift card can be used as a form of payment for rides and Uber Eats orders. You can buy a gift card for personal or business uses.
On the personal front, gift cards can be presented to cover the costs of your friends’ or family members’ Uber rides or Eats orders. And, organizations can give away gift cards as a token of appreciation to their employees or thank their clients. Uber Business accounts can make use of the corporate portal Uber to buy gift cards in bulk online. Additionally, Uber’s participating retailers sell gift cards in-store.
If you have received an Uber gift card and want to redeem it, then note that these cards are non-transferable. Simply put, once you add a gift card to an Uber account, you cannot transfer the same to another Uber account.
How to redeem a gift card?
You can redeem a gift card in the Uber mobile app by following the given procedure:
- Open your Uber app
- On the top left-hand corner of the home screen, select the menu option and then choose the “Wallet” banner
- Locate the ”Add payment method” and then select “Gift card”
- Now, key in the gift code without spaces
- Finally, tap “Add” to complete the process
Similarly, use the following process to redeem your card in the Uber Eats app:
- Open the Uber Eats mobile application
- Click on the Account banner and then tap “Wallet”
- Tap “Add Payment Method” and then click on the “Gift card” option
- Then, enter the gift code or PIN (no spaces) and proceed by clicking on “Add”
What is the holding limit of an Uber account vis-à-vis total credit amount?
Uber offers you the flexibility to add multiple gift cards at once to an Uber account. Your Uber account can hold up to $500 in credit value. You can add more cards as you continue using up the added credit amount.
Moreover, gift card credits cannot be applicable on scheduled ride alternatives and family profiles on the application.
How do I use a gift card amount?
Once you redeem a gift card, its amount is applied to either your Uber Credits or Uber Cash balance. You can make use of that amount while checking out for a ride or Eats order.
Follow the below-mentioned process to use your credit amount while requesting a ride:
- Go to your Uber app
- Enter your drop-off location in the provided field and confirm your pickup address as well
- From the swipe-up menu, select the ride-share product alternative of your choice
- Then, at the bottom of the screen, you will have your default payment form displayed which must be either Uber Cash or Uber Credits. If not, switch the payment method before completing the check out by switching on the toggle
For your next Uber trip or Eats check out, the remaining balance will be used up to make the payment.