Whatever equipment we use it is necessary to take care of all the parts of it regularly. This way you do not face any mishaps while using the equipment. For example for Leased Uber cars, regular Uber car inspection is provided. For analogy lets consider every electronic items. It needs to be taken care periodically as it could lead to short circuit.
Same applies to the transport vehicles. You should regularly inspect your car so that you don’t have to face any issues. One of the best transport service provider Uber does the regular car inspection for the sake of the drivers.
Uber car inspection:
Cost of the Uber car inspection
Whenever there was an inspection of the car done personally, quite high amount is spent on it. The charges for the inspection differ from place to place.
But to do the car inspection you don’t have to spend anything. One can get the inspection of their Uber car done at their activation center or the greenlight hub.
How to get the Uber car inspection done?
The cars that are older than five years need to get the Uber car inspection. This car inspection needs to be done on annual basis. You can do the car inspection done by following these steps –
1. There are greenlight hubs opened by Uber in various places. you need to find the greenlight hub where you can get the form for getting the car inspection.
2. One can also get the form online for the inspection by visiting their website or through the link. There could be changes in the inspection form as per the location so that you can find the same on their website too.
3. Fill the form after receiving it from greenlight hub or from website.
4. One annual Uber car inspection is done free of cost. if another car inspection is required, you need to pay some of the charges which you need to consider while filling the form.
5. If you do the car inspection from outside, Uber will not pay any cost related to that.
6. After filling the form one can take their car to greenlight hub and get the Uber car inspection.
7. Mostly the Uber car inspection takes around half an hour of the time.
8. If you are doing the Uber car inspection from outside, you can also upload the report after logging into your account.
Aspects of Uber car inspection
Uber does this Uber car inspection basically to ensure the following reasons –
- Safety of their users as well as driver.
- Give the pleasant experience to the users while riding.
- Comfortable driving to the drivers.
Considering all these, Uber does the thorough check on all the parameters of safety, mechanical and others. There are more than 19 types of checks that are essential to get the Uber car inspection done properly such as –
- Brake lights
- Steering mechanism
- Rear view mirrors both internal and external
- Muffler and exhaust system
- Tail lights
- Windshield wipers
- Defrosting system
- Bumpers and many more
Requirements for Uber car inspection
There are various things which one need to know, so that one would not face any problem while doing Uber car inspection such as –
- In case the car does not clear the Uber car inspection then it will not be allowed to drive under the umbrella of Uber. One can solve the problem and can redo the procedure of Uber car inspection.
- After completing the Uber car inspection you will get the Safety Standard Certificate, in short SSC for your car which you need to keep in their car always.
- The validity of the Uber car inspection certificate is for one year from the date of last inspection done.
- After passing the car inspection, you need to upload the form in their profile at http://www.partners.uber.com.
- Regardless of the condition, if the car is older than five years the Uber car inspection needs to be compulsory done.
- The driver should also meet the minimum requirements of driving. They should have the proper license, age and various other requirements. In case any of the requirements are not met, you will not able to get the Uber car inspection.
Uber car inspection is done to ensure the car is worth taking on the road and safe for use. So it must be done to ensure the safety of both user and driver.